Homeplug internet or similar

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniboy0812

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I'm looking to find an alternative to the Homeplug internet concept where power cables are used as an Internet data network. Overlaying the data frequency as well as powering AC sockets for domestic use.

If anyone can point me in the right direction. 

Thanks in advance 

Put cat5e throughout your house.

I use the internet over power system to get internet in my workshop and shed, works a treat.

Thanks all. 

Wifi doesn't extend all over the house so thought about getting some extenders but just wondered the best solution.

Tbh its all to with Sky broadband which is going soon as 7mb isn't fast enough for me. 

Thanks all. 

Wifi doesn't extend all over the house so thought about getting some extenders but just wondered the best solution.

Tbh its all to with Sky broadband which is going soon as 7mb isn't fast enough for me. 

Where are you measuring the 7mb? if its at the router, nothing you do internally is going to help you. If you are measuring from a powerline adaptor, and these are on different circuits and the circuits are protected by RCD's then the RCD's will slow it down.

As others have said, sometimes running CAT5 is the only way, but ONLY if you know your incoming connection is better.