South West Installs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning,

I'm looking for a Subby to carry out Fire Alarm/Emergency Lighting installations in and around the South West.

First job is in Plymouth and needs to be carried out this week.

PM me with details and rates.

Thanks

yes it is for we have passed the equinox a few weeks ago. Now, as forecast in discussions about climate change, summers are getting wetter, and it seems windier. Which all ties in with higher temperatures and bigger weather systems.

As for Devon, it has always been a damp place hence all the green grass and dairy farming. Where paddler lives is a lot drier, and London, to me, feels like a desert.

The Met office state that since 2010 average rainfall has been on the decrease. Altough compared to about 100 years ago it is up about 2%. 

Global warming is a tax con. 

Global warming is part of the planet evolution process but to say that man has not contributed towards it is to walk with blinkered eyes, had man not developed industrially technologically then would we be pumping masses of gases into the atmosphere? 

The question is would the planet have survived without us in the same way would we survive without the planet? For all the planets that we've explored visited there is none other like the earth, so this planet was made for us???

The biggest problem as I see it is the mentality of the human race, we go about the whole 'living' experience wrong, we focus on all the wrong things putting everything before the fundamentals which are the planet and the people, maybe if we changed our focus then we wouldn't cause the problems we cause. ?

yes it is for we have passed the equinox a few weeks ago. Now, as forecast in discussions about climate change, summers are getting wetter, and it seems windier. Which all ties in with higher temperatures and bigger weather systems.

As for Devon, it has always been a damp place hence all the green grass and dairy farming. Where paddler lives is a lot drier, and London, to me, feels like a desert.

or maybe the rain is just a natural cycle / change but someone said its global warming and its man made and all that

The Met office state that since 2010 average rainfall has been on the decrease. Altough compared to about 100 years ago it is up about 2%. 

Global warming is a tax con. 

When you buy a gallon of petrol the cost isn't just that of pumping it out of the ground, transporting it around the world, refining the oil etc etc, the true cost is also the damage dome by releasing toxins, CO2 and the harmful effects of these on peoples health and the planet. So tax is being used to add costs of cleaning up the damage therefore representing the true costs of fuel/ products.

There are so many pollutants that we as humans pump into the atmosphere both around us immediately and above us, there has to be a detrimental result, diesel was sold to us as the fuel of the future many years ago now following w greater understanding it has become apparent that in fact diesel is more poisonous than we thought, so if it's effecting us then there will be an effect on the environment around it. Therefore it is naive to think that we don't contribute to global warming as we all agree that the planet and its weather systems are going through a changing period? In order for something to change then something has to happen and as science has demonstrated we are able to manipulate elements to change in many different ways, so why is it so hard to accept that we aren't responsible for the changing climate??

Any graph on the net shows a tiny increase in the amount of rainfall in the UK on what is a massively fluctuating chart.  It also shows that we are on a down ward trend currently. No doubt in about 10 years we will have hose pipe bans again like we did 10 years ago and then the droughts will be down to man made global warming. Then rain will increase again like it has done continuously for the last 100 years and we will again get told it is down to man made global warming. 

The fact remains that nothing is released into the earths atmosphere that was not already on the planet in one form or another. 

I,am all for energy conservation and looking after our rainforests etc but please do not try and tell me the weather is made by the car I drive or if I have the heating on with the window open. The same people that sell nickel batteries and then ship them around the world five times to put them in an electric car that is then again shipped around the world in order to sell. 

Man made global warming is nothing more than project fear for the environment as a way to justify taxation. 

Last edited by a moderator: