Dedicated micros boot loop

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try this

To reset the unit:
1. Use the key to highlight the ‘System Shutdown’ option.
2. Select Enable, a prompt will be displayed.
3. Press and hold the Camera 1 key for 5 seconds. The unit will shutdown, where a prompt will appear to say you can switch the unit off.
To abort the reset, press the Menu or Mode key.

Shutting down the unit by any other method will put the integrity of your DVR at risk. If the unit is shut down in any uncontrolled manor (power off at mains or removing the power lead) more than 5 times in one hour, it will go into Engineering Bootloader mode for approximately fifteen minutes and then will reboot in normal mode.
Tip: The unit can be restarted from the ‘System Shutdown’ option by pressing and holding Camera 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @poni 

But, I can't access any menus to initiate a shutdown or reboot,

There is no hard button to reset or poweroff these things, 

I'm thinking it may have to be a reset via RS232 or something, that I will have no idea how to do, :C

Canoeboy said:
Buy a Mac ?  :C

Phone 0800 DEKE SUPPORT ?  :signthankspin:
Crapple make CCTV systems,?

Are they as overpriced as their PCs,?!!?? :slap

PIN  RS-232   RS-485

1          nc        Data A

2          RX        nc

3          TX        nc

4        GND     GND

5        GND     GND

6          nc        nc

7         RTS      nc

8         CTS      nc

9          nc     Data B

your up late with your big day tomorrow

I thought that you would be washing your white gloves and bowler hat

:slap

you have try the 5 times off I an hour?

FTP of configuration files to DS2PD
Configurations can be stored and up/downloaded to the DS2PD. Configurations are stored
in .sfm files which can be up and downloaded using standard ftp client software.
Default.sfm is the factory default and master.sfm holds the current unit configuration.
An FTP client can be used to upload and download these files to a remote PC to hold as
backups or to configure multiple machines with similar configuration settings.
Important: When uploading a configuration file (master.sfm) to a DS2 it is necessary to have
the unit in Engineering Bootloader mode in order for the file to be accepted correctly. See the
previous section on how to do this.
The unit will come out Engineering Bootloader mode after approximately 15 minutes or it can
be taken out immediately by entering reset at the telnet prompt.
When the unit does reset it will be configured with the new values from master.sfm

Latest posts