• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

price help needed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone at work told me it was too much...another person told me it wasnt enough.?

I dunno.

Well i got it all off of a few rip down jobs,..thought it may be worth somthing as i was told the rcds/main switches can be hard to get hold of. 

Thanks for your input so far (-:

As it is items for sale, and not actually advertising a service or product I think we can let this slide. If however any more listings come up with outside links I may take another view.

you wouldant be saying that if you had wanted to buy it,  but no matter, also i was an active member here a while ago, but fell away with work and college etc,..rejoined today as old password no longer let me in..but hey ho no matter,...you seem a lil upset,...sooo sorry.

i was orig invited here by a member called trev, dont know if he still around,..top man.

Last edited by a moderator:
we dont have anyone here called trev that i know of

and if i needed one, then i would have found them on ebay myself anyway, and if it was just the odd one then it be skipping yours

Last edited by a moderator:
ok,...well im bored now anyway, typical of these forums, people seek advice/ help..and SOME others just wana make life hard...no worries.

like i said,  just needed a lil help.

maybe i am confused forum wise,...for that i apologise,...but as for what i said i stand by it,...typical of SOME on these forums...not all tho.

never mind.

As it is items for sale, and not actually advertising a service or product I think we can let this slide. If however any more listings come up with outside links I may take another view.
thanks for that, i did not realise this could be an issue, but i seem to have rattled some ones cage.

i dunno.

thanks tho.

Although some what late in the debate I would say they are worth............

The first point of concern is where it says ".as far as i know all working fine." I understand that is written to cover your butt if one fails, but that also mean they have to be tested, short of putting them under specific load how will you test them? Then there is the time taken to actually test them. Time costs money. Or suppose they are purchased and one fails, where did it come from? ebay? no comebacks.

So although to sell them "to make some "extra spend for hols" may seem a good idea, if an item needs to be tested before it can be used then its often cost prohibitive to sell. It would also be a good idea to ask the person who said they are hard to come by how much they are worth, if they do not know, I would ask how they know they are worth anything

Just saying....

Some MCBs are worth a deal of money , we had an old TP MEM one made to measure as we couldn't get one ,  nothing else fits those boards so it was replace a 24 way TP  board or pay £180  for one breaker .    Customer went for the £180 .  

As said , if someone is desperate for one of your breakers they will pay .   I'd never buy a job lot like that ....just dumped a load of breakers as I was sick of the sight of them after 20 yrs on the shelf.  

OK  the following week we needed a 20A  GET  for a board that is coming out in 6 months ...I had of course dumped some GETs  but a Talisman fitted  a treat ....I'm not bothered about different makes in old boards , life,s too short  . 

Same as filling in the cert for the job , couldn't access the cupboard on same job to read the Ze  so a note on the cert and move on.