Gotta Love Family!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was away last week in the IoW. Came back last weekend. Brother was looking after the house. Had one call from him to tell the wife a couple of her fish had died. As we came back he went away so not seen or spoken to him. In passing the FiL said "I see you had the "LEB" out then last week!" It was news to me. We've half an acre so nothing obvious. Seems a tree had come down on the boundary against the 25mm overhead aluminium concentric feeding our place. It goes from a pole next door but one, over next door's drive, over our boundary and into ours. The DNO have indeed been down and made a naff repair in my opinion renewing not from pole to head but putting an ugly tape covered joint under the soffit. One of the neighbours said she'd been walking nearby and thought someone was firing an airgun! Good call by bruv though!

20160811_213722~2.jpg

.....add tree:

20160811_213940~2.jpg

Now you know why I've disowned my family
He did me a massive favour sorting it to the best of his ability / knowledge etc so I didn't come back to it / no power. Guess he didn't mention it whilst we were away as I'd have had it on my mind. I'd have had them take the new concentric to the head if I was here though. That's a call to UK Power I need to make.