British Gas scam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appears as an email very much like a British Gas bill , urges you to upload your latest bill , when you do , it takes over your computer and demands money .  

It doesn't contain your name or your account number so look out for that . 

spoof eails are the latest form of attack, if I'm not expecting an email from xyz, I always check the senders e-mail first, bob@gmail .com is usually a giveaway!

I've never had any phishing emails via Gmail. 

I look in my spam and find that I own yet another diamond mine, If only I had another 32 million Ugandan Dollars!!!

:innocent

reply to those offering you millions from your departed cousin / relative and you will be able to afford it

or maybe forward the email selling the diamond mine to those sending you millions from your departed family...

I think I have a similar type of email.

I have an email requesting me to fill in a job reference, it wants me to download a PDF file.  the "applicant" is the daughter of a friend who is still at school.

I somehow don't think I will be downloading that pdf file.....

I think I have a similar type of email.

I have an email requesting me to fill in a job reference, it wants me to download a PDF file.  the "applicant" is the daughter of a friend who is still at school.

I somehow don't think I will be downloading that pdf file.....

Maybe, just maybe.... this is how our entire "drive" got infected with ransomware?

Just about every pdf was password protected over night with a release fee of $250 for each one! 

:slap