new house rewire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r.b

Reaction score
AN electrician has just 1st fixed my house and took a feed an neutraul off the lights 3 plate method to a fan spur to fan which i am fine with (sometimes you see the fan spur on the kitchen ring thats all).what i am wondering is if i ever want to change the fan spur in the kitchen to a cooker hood spur may be in the future.how much does a cooker hood pull in amps is it basically what a kitchen fan would pull hardly nothing?would the cooker hood be perfectly fine on the lighting circuit?

All I can say is you must be making a fortune if it's cheaper to employ a spark rather than do it yourself, afterall you are a spark??

scratchinghead.jpg.c174cbded2365289a4e552410513c764.jpg

​

​

Dunno!​

Dunno.jpg.7e7a51294f416f33daaa4e562e96ad1e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse my ignorance here if i am wrong but a cooker hood is just a multispeed fan with 2x 30w downlights also built in.

THe only thing now is where to position the spur or possible cooker hood spur further down the line.How big is the chrome boxing on a cooker hood is it about 4 inch?Because i think it would be better to fit the spur to one side of the boxing so its accessible rathe. Than inside the cooker hood boxing?

THe only thing now is where to position the spur or possible cooker hood spur further down the line.How big is the chrome boxing on a cooker hood is it about 4 inch?Because i think it would be better to fit the spur to one side of the boxing so its accessible rathe. Than inside the cooker hood boxing?
Put the spur above the kitchen units or pelmet