HELP

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelhunter

Reaction score
i an 38 years old and have recently gained my level 3 c&g in elec install and 17th.i have no experience (except in the classroom). i am looking for electrician mate/improver jobs.all want past experience and some want own PPE and 110v tools-WHAT PPE AND TOOLS SHOULD I PURCHASE.

ALSO I WANT TO START MY LEVEL 3 NVQ  AS I AM A NEWBEE ANY POINTERS WOULD BE HELPFUL AS COLLEGE IS USELESS AT AFTERCARE THEY SAY JUST GET A JOB AND LIE ABOUT EXPERIENCE. 

You don't need to SHOUT!

You need to get some experience, sell your soul to a local company making tea for 50p a day and they will show you some mad skills.

Only classroom experience eh?

Get your hands on a tester then

Go to you local buy n wotsit or screwface and get a cheap CU and some accessories wire them up and practice dead testing with a mouth full of loft insulation & someone  throwing dead rats at you.

This will help you move from the comfort of the classroom into the reality of the world we live in.

Trust me dead rats are better than live ones!

Tools? Does anyone use 110v tools anymore? 

What PPE do you think you might need on a building site? 

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tools? Does anyone use 110v tools anymore? 

110V tools - wall chaser with Henry

Last edited by a moderator:
110v Henry! :eek:  never knew such a thing existed!

I can see the need for a 110v chaser but for an 'improver' working on site, basic battery tools should suffice until they get nicked!
Sorry Duck, should have put a comma in, the chaser is 110V,  Henry is 240V or if we are still in Europe it is 220V but that is a whole new topic 😀