• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Realisation....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Venture!

Reaction score
......I'm never going to be a rock star, and my days of playing in pub bands are over. Any interest in a selection of instruments I'd like to sell? 

Peavey electric guitar (telecaster style)

Yamaha active electric bass.

Marshall practice bass amp.

Roland TD-3 electronic drum kit.

I also have a couple of powered Yamaha subs I'd like to shift. 

Dave ...if you had ONE guitar that you couldn't play ...buying another wouldn't really improve that situation .  :innocent
i had the Electric guitar that I can't play. The Acoustic one was left behind when a tenant vacated one of our rental properties, and that's no easier (different, but not easier)

Did think about a bass. Fewer stings and bigger gaps......

The electric guitar has the narrow neck, and my fat fingers struggle playing chords. the acoustic has wider spaced strings, so then I find not only are my fingers fat, they are short, so I struggle to reach.

I think to be a guitarist, you need long thin fingers.

Of course the real issue is my memory is lousy and I have no sense of tone or rhythm so really there's no hope.  But when I retire and get more time I will persevere.

Hang on Dave what are you saying ,  tone deaf... lousy memory...no sense of rhythm ..... short fat fingers  ...hmmmm  ...could go on Xfactor  I suppose !!!

I must agree though ...long thin fingers are needed , I have fingers that sound similar to   yours so will only ever play certain chords, I'm resigned to that ,   also need fingers that will operate independently of each other  .   And my Snark tuner is a necessity .