Metrel test equipment - opinions?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Holdsworth

Reaction score
As my megger meltifunction tester has now broken i'm looking for another tester, I don't want to spend the earth and have found a fair few metrel testers at reasonable money. Anyone have one?

Thanks Neil

I've had my Metrel Eurotest AT for nearly 7 years now and its stood the test of time and site "abuse".  My main gripe with Metrel is that they are based up north and if you need manufacturers support their turn around is awful!

I would have a chat with @megger mark & see what he can offer.

I came very close to buying a Metrel power quality analyser.

I think that the UK office has now moved down toward the south east?

I've Googled metrel tester but the brand in general gets a bit of a stick regrading consistency of results. As I've never used them I wondered whether it was worth a punt at the price they are. 

I've pm'd megger mark but as I have written in my other thread I've spoken to technical at megger and they can't offer a solution. 

I've only ever used separates before this megger multifunction and am tempted to go that way. 

Thanks Neil 

Metrel have moved south but servicing is still abroad, i would encourage you to look at Fluke, Megger or Kewtech and call me or PM me for pricing.