Call out to RCD tripping

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slug I think, had one before fried on the PCB of a washing machine, also fried the PCB.

Destructive little buggers. Replaced a gate controller with a slug across the back of the PCB and pulled a faulty external PIR off to find loads of little ones rammed in the back.

suitably IP rated enclosure???

Think the best one I have found was a post light filled with an ants nest, and an old Thorn bulkhead fitting in a garden that had half an inch of soil in hte bottom and lots of little sprouting seeds, and it still worked

Think the best one I have found was a post light filled with an ants nest, and an old Thorn bulkhead fitting in a garden that had half an inch of soil in hte bottom and lots of little sprouting seeds, and it still worked
Hence the phrase light bulbs 😀

I had the same, 4ft high bollard was working but dim, couldn't believe it when it was opened to see full of ants, it was also Thorn .   Also had a slug blow up a gate controller Pcb. I had managed to blow the slug up & fry the parts  though  by resetting the Rcd numerous times.

Yes 2 slugs had incredibly squeezed up past the T&Es and one of them turned its self into the Goo as a result of bridging L - E. Its mate was sleeping soundly but had rude awakening and hasty dispatch to the grand slug Paradise.

Fitted a new fan in a boiler today. Was worse then the old one. Opened it up and found this;

ZoemVFV.jpg.b8169af67a6636c3a4eef1e25c1a8249.jpg

Some small slug type thing had been sat across the power rails bottom left and blown the tops off of several IC's and blown a few tracks.

Looks like I was given old faulty stock by the merchants.

Last edited by a moderator: