CCTV To The Cloud (Android)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been asked about what monthly subscription type service is best for uploading CCTV footage to the Cloud. Any recommendations.

Cheers 

Bit vague.

What CCTV footage, from what, why?

"The Cloud" doesn't really mean anything. You mention Android, so do you mean just view the CCTV remotely, or upload it somewhere off site for viewing from an Android device later?

As I understand it there is a particular Android app(s) that is linked to a particular off site storage service. You pay according to the required capacity. A bit like Dropbox but tailored to CCTV. 

It sounds pretty specific, whatever it is that you are asking for specifically, that there is probably only one option, which is the thing you are referring to already.

But as per my other post, this is too vague. What are you trying to do, with what equipment?

most internet connections have limited upload compared to download.... and video files can be quite large depending on image size... and then if you have multiple cameras....

Not really an issue if it is done properly, and that is a vague sweeping statement on a thread with no info.

I can view decent resolution live streams using only a few kbps, which is not a lot on most internet connections. Uploading compressed files is even less taxing, depending on the equipment, which we don't know anything about yet.

What exactly have you been asked for? Seems like the customer has seen this and asked what else there is so you've just passed the question on?

What exactly are you wanting to achieve? Remote viewing and off site storage is achievable from most IP cameras as standard in some form or another so there is no need for a subscription to some random foreign company.

Their website says connect any cam, which I think is possibly a bit vague/misleading, and the site seems to light on technical details. I think what they mean is connect any supported IP camera.

Remote viewing and off site storage is achievable from most IP cameras as standard in some form or another so there is no need for a subscription to some random foreign company.

Multiple IP cameras. Looking to store the footage off site. Point me in the free direction then if you would. Cheers.

RTFM.

The off site archive has been an option on loads of cameras I've fitted. Samsung, HikVision, random Chinese cameras from eBay, random Chinese cameras branded by a UK company.....

As I say, it is a fairly standard feature. I'm assuming you know absolutely nothing about CCTV and/or IP? Wouldn't you be better off declining the job?

RTFM.

The off site archive has been an option on loads of cameras I've fitted. Samsung, HikVision, random Chinese cameras from eBay, random Chinese cameras branded by a UK company.....

As I say, it is a fairly standard feature. I'm assuming you know absolutely nothing about CCTV and/or IP? Wouldn't you be better off declining the job?

For my big brother who knows even less. Cheers.

I just have a random cheap DVR from an online auction dump,

if I log in via a remote PC I can record onto that PC, I can record on my phone too, but, why would I really want to?

I dont think my cameras are IP, just normal analogue cameras.

Clearly it's me at fault. Mods can you please DELETE this thread.

And how please can I ignore / block a member on here?

This is like pulling teeth.

What is wrong with putting all the details in the OP. Have you had a severe stroke since I was last here?

Lurch,

We have been asked to review your attitude.

This forum has the tagline "The UK's Friendliest Electrcial Forum".

We do not feel that your recent comments in many threads follow this mantra.

Should you wish to continue with your antagonistic attitude then we will have no option but to ask the forum moderators to review your content.

Please moderate your behaviour attiude and comments before we have to ask the forum moderation team to do it for you.

Regards

The Four Horesmen.