Do you ever read the small print on TV adverts?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
So,just seen an advert for a fast Shyte  outlet ( they call it a restaurant...)

Salt reduced by 40%!....well, well done them.....probably still tastes like faeces, just less salty

THEN you see the small print...WTFF 

their calcs are based upon upon a piece of fried cows arshehole, chips and a FruiShoot COMPARED WITH the same thing in 2003!!!!

so,that's a fair comparison

just happily driving past he place...the coffee is acceptable

Adverts are those things I fast forward through to get to the next bit of the program. Don't watch anything live on commercial tv.

I too avoid the adverts like the plague  but I understand what Kerch is saying .     I watch a small amount of TV  and am disapointed if something good is screened on a commercial channel because of the constant breaks .   All this  stuff seems to designed to fool us idiots into buying their product.  Reduced salt , reduced sugar ...yes by  0.01 % usually. 

I  feel these days that the advertising message is the prime mover , with a few programmes thrown in to keep people watching .

Never ending sales are another joke ...and all these sales MUST  end in a few days time  !!!!!  This promotes a feeling of panic ...must get there  before the sale ends .   Don't worry, another one will start straight after.  

And don't start me on Christmas  ...it'll kick in shortly ...you must have a new suite or carpet for Christmas ...or happy clappy , politically correct families sitting at tables , heaving with Christmas faire that many viewers can't afford.  

Bah ! Humbug! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't seem to escape injury claims and bingo ads through the day. They must think we're a nation of gambling lay-abouts