2 Interesting jobs today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Half 2 and i am home after finishing 2  nice jobs. 1st one an easy board change in a flat with just 4 circuits. I had done a EICR just over a year ago so knew it was ok. I had forgotten about this though, where's  the meter

Foxgrove 2016-11-25 09.12.00.jpg

Then i remembered it was out in the hall in a locked cupboard, no problem i thought i can just pull the fuse in the cutout

2016-11-25 09.14.33.jpg

Oh well,  carry on regardless. Of course i followed full  isolation and lock down before continuing. 

Got the job done super quick ( cant find the pic of the finished job) and had time to do a call out of an Rcd tripping for garage supply and her outside lights (neither done by me)

Supply end, Rcd only, no fuse or breaker, single insulated and clamp on sheath. Cable fed from Henley block.

2016-11-24 08.59.54.jpg2016-11-24 09.05.05.jpg

Garage   end

2016-11-24 09.15.22.jpg

And the reason for the tripping, the installer had cut most of the top of the fusebox off to get the swa in and silt, leaves etc from the corrugated roof  had washed down the wall when there was heavy rain

2016-11-24 09.19.53.jpg

I made the supply end off into a adaptable box and fed this from a Rcbo i fitted in the consumer unit 6" away. Have to return another day to change the garage end.

Keep getting new ideas from these threads, jubilee clip was one and now a pipe clamp, if I ever run out of glands I know what to do. lol

Always tell when its a non electrician having a go....... I bet the client said "Its worked for 20 years"