Roller Shutter Door

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to recognise the make of this kit? A circuit diagram link would be a bonus. Not for me but asked on another forum and the chap seems sound. The only photos I have:

image_zpsk8mcwy2b.jpg

image_zpssxng3ga0.jpg

image_zpsgumlkyru.jpg

For his man cave FFS!

Cheers 

dont recognise the motor, but i can only see 2 switches. they usually have 4, 1 for top, 1 for bottom and a backup for top and bottom. wiring also depends on what switch you are using, i usually use GFA. a TS959 will do both mechanical & digital stop limit motors. there are no terminals for the motor on GFA contorls though, they are designed to have a long lead from the motor as supplied which plugs in

you could also try a nice UST1 or UST2, iirc those have terminals in the panel

those motors are often TP too

for circuit diagram, you need to follow the one thats with the control panel

Thanks. I read a bit more. Sounds like he has no controller with it. He's hoping to use this:

image_zpsie5cm95u.jpg

Don't know whether it came with the roller shutter or not.

This btw is his man cave:

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/mypickys/slideshow/mancave

And this is a bloke's PRIVATE workshop apparently. Over on the MIG welding forum under Projects/Architectural.

Looks like a useful chap to know!

Can't help on the roller door I'm afraid but that is one smart man cave, is it under a railway arch?

He needs to get some projects on the go to utilise all that gear.

I have worked in some places where that work shop would be far better equiped than the company one, in fact mine was as well but pales into insignificance compared to that one, top man cave :)

The worm drive for the internal limits is missing so you can forget them, you’ll have to use external limits. If it works as I think to does, the pushbutton unit is no good. Telemecanique make a small snap action P/B pendant that will make/break the motor load, we had them at the foundry on small hoists.

A shot of the connections for the motor would be useful.

Thanks. I read a bit more. Sounds like he has no controller with it. He's hoping to use this:

View attachment 7733

Don't know whether it came with the roller shutter or not.

This btw is his man cave:

a lot of shutters have a very similar buttons (stop is usually in the middle though), however that would be to signal the control panel to do something. some motors have the panel built in, others (most) are external controls like this replacement from the other week

That looks like it has some form of contactors in it, probably what this one needs.

i dont think it has any contactors in it, but will have something very similar. that one is TP with digital limits (set from control panel at ground level rather than the motor at the top). but the thing with them, they are plug in connections not screw terminals

another thing, almost all of these control panels do not do self hold down, they are deadman only or deadman down self hold up. you can get some panels that will accept additional sensors to allow self hold (or automatic) down

I'm thinking he's sorted, judging by his latest reply:

"After a lot of googleing and talking to a few roller door outfits it appears to be made by Link controls, made a call and a really helpful guy pointed me at their website which has the wiring diagrams, he also recommended an installer that will wire it up so all good. I will wait until the power is all rigged up and give them a shout."