Burglar alarm issues - scantronic 9448

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charn

Reaction score
Hi all, I fitted a new washing machine wall switch, which went ok, 5 mins after completing the job and exactly when I switched off another plug upstairs, the internal alarm went off and the internal power to the alarm panel was cut. The fuse for the burglar alarm has not tripped. Then at night the external alarm had gone off for about 10 mins then stopped. Not sure what will happen next. Where I stand now there's no hard wired power to the alarm. Any ideas plzzzz before I call the alarm guys....

Replacing the battery won't do much without restoring mains power to the panel. The battery will be flat again tomorrow.

If you are an electrician surely you should know that a fuse doesn't trip?

hi all 

i have an old omega 5 alarm.  There was a continous chime and i got a replacement battery and changed it.    

Now the panel is showing 0. with the dot flashing and the key pad is not respondonding at all.  Can someone

guide me what needs to be done.

Thank you in advance

not one ive worked on, but looking through the manual the 0 is zone 0 in alarm & the flashing dot is 'part guard'. but if keypad is not responding, its probably dead

at that age, id be looking at replacing it

Latest posts