• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MEM 100A TPN metalclad Switchfuse

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second hand , fitted it new and removed it a couple of years later , in stock ever since  .

Good bodywork , original MEM Racing Blue ,  Chrome operating handle , under the hood   3 cylinder fuseways complete with 100A HRC fuses, plus neutral bar . All in good condition and ready to go into service . 

Only one owner , little old lady church goer , MOT for another 50 yrs , low insurance bracket , just pull that handle over , hear those forks snap into place with that satisfying MEM "CLUNK!"  and hear that 415 volts of power surge through . 

Photo to follow when I've found an exotic location  .    Delivery by carrier at extra cost  .

A snip @  £100.00     

To beat the rush of offers email  Deke on   [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Naw Guv'nor  just look at the finish on that paintwork ,   what can I say , we'll give it a valet ...restore that "new switchgear smell"  ... and we'll take your old switchgear in part exchange ...now I can't do better that can I ?  

Ah!  Good point Andy .  I'm afraid that reference comes from the memory of an old phart  who started off thinking in terms of 440V   which then mysteriously  changed to 415V  and then to satisfy the EU   became 400V     .   ( In fact I'm sure I remember many labels reading 500V & 250V ) 

Same with the reference to TPN   as L1  L2  L3     I pretend to know all that but in my head  they remain Red  - Yellow  - Blue .

And don't get me started on the old metal  isolators & switchfuses  that show the opposite colours  , so old ones from the 1960's   ON        OFF       New ones    ON   OFF 

And those old MCBs  with the dolly down  for ON  and up for OFF   ,  you gotta what out for them babies . 

Don't forget 'medium pressure supplies' which are now classed as LOW Voltage
Yes  I still can't quite cope with that piece of strangled logic .

As Kerch says  we grew up with 240V   in the "Medium Voltage " range   , now its in the "Low Voltage  range .  In my head any reference to "Low Voltage"  means a "Safe " voltage  . IE:  Below 110V   

And l see labels  now that to me look most strange  ..."Danger  Low Voltage " :C   

Just reminded me....Dennis switch fuses always had the handle the opposite way  around

big factory shutdown over a weekend

switched all,back on and left about 0530 on the Monday morning

pqnic call at 0715.     HELP zone completion section is dead

turned up 

all switches in up position

went to,section

no supply

back to plant room

turned switch to off "really ON"

could not open door

Oh rowlocks...it's a Fricking Dennis, switch in wrong position

told them it must have been a surge that had lifted a fuse

lesson learned

Just reminded me....Dennis switch fuses always had the handle the opposite way  around

big factory shutdown over a weekend

switched all,back on and left about 0530 on the Monday morning

pqnic call at 0715.     HELP zone completion section is dead

turned up 

all switches in up position

went to,section

no supply

back to plant room

turned switch to off "really ON"

could not open door

Oh rowlocks...it's a Fricking Dennis, switch in wrong position

told them it must have been a surge that had lifted a fuse

lesson learned
Another thing about this trade ...you certaily need to think on your feet !

Sorry , Rapparee , it was as exotic as I could get at short notice .....anyway whats wrong with the back of the van  ??  

The sparkle on the handle just about sets it off don't you think  ?        Now then ..any offers ??    

And still for sale  ,  going on ebay soon ....you'll all rue the day you passed up on this unmissable offer .  

Ok  I'll throw in a set of obsolete Crabtree C50 breakers  FOC    collectors items ....these are the only ones left in the world ....I travelled back in time to get these .

Price held at £100  .  + £20  postage

Photo0292.jpg

Photo0293.jpg

Photo0294.jpg