Apollo s65 detectors not working correctly with remote led indicators

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglesalz

Reaction score
Hello,

I am installing new apollo s65 smokes on a existing system (SAFT, France, panel) and they work as normal, The old detectors (name unkown) and remote led's work as they should. The problem appears when I install a remote led on the new apollo s65 detectors, when activated the panel shows fault and not fire, if I disconnect the remote led while the detector is activated, it then goes into fire. There is no details on the panel to say who made it and all is well with the new detectors until I install the remote led. I have not measured the voltage at the remote led and not sure if this would be of any use to me, but will do this just to see what is there. I have never came across this problem until now and I take it has something to do with the apollo's. All help much appreciated.

What happens if you put a couple of appolo's on a bit of wire remove the existing detectors and put on bit of wire (Obviously not forgetting the EOL device)

I am guessing its one of a few things.

1) You can't mix appolo's with the existing (hence the bit of wire)

2) The panel does not like appolo's with remote LEDs

3) The remote LED's are the problem, have you tried new LED's

4) Something else.

Hello Richard and thanks for the reply. I will try your idea with just apollo's on a zone and see what happens. I have tried new and existing remote led's and the same thing happens.