Texecom Veritas Alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

everlastuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My last tennant has installed a veritas alarm, the one with the DCA 0001 led remote keypad, 
im having problems setting it up for the new tennants, basically they want zone 1,2,5 & 6 working as part set
for when they go to bed at night. The issue is they can omit the zones 3 & 4 but for some reason zone 5 & 6
wont work when being part set, however zones 5 & 6 work when full set. 
What am i doing wrong?

Zone 1 is the kitchen
zone 2 living room
zone 3 is hall
zone 4 is stairwell
zone 5 is frontdoor contact
zone 6 is backdoor contact

reason why zone 5 is frontdoor and 6 is backdoor is because we decided to have them fitted recently.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me, its so frustrating!

thanks guys

But you can omit zones when part setting, 

Part set - omit -  then select which zones you want omitting. 

If you meant something else can you please go into detail?  I do have the engineer code too

As zone 5 and 6 are after thoughts, they are probably not active in the part set suite, which as mentioned above, is set in the engineers menu.
Thanks mate, can you explain how I get into part set suite,  and what I need to do once there please? 

Lets see where you are at:

Just answer these honestly.

1) Do you 'know' the engineers code?

2) Do you have an install manual?

3) Do you know who installed it?

the function to omit zones when setting is to overcome zones with a problem, like tamper fault, it isn't mean't a s regular occurrence and I think you afre limited to 1 or 2 zones, hence your problem

the function to omit zones when setting is to overcome zones with a problem, like tamper fault, it isn't mean't a s regular occurrence and I think you afre limited to 1 or 2 zones, hence your problem

zones 5, 6 & 7 are part set omitted by default, thats probably his problem

I read it as though the zones 5 & 6 don't work on part set as in are disabled. Not that he cannot omit them.

i could be wrong though, the wife usually says I am.

I'm working from memory, which is probably wrong, but i fitted a texecom a few months ago and seem to remember that the omit function was for faults. However Andy is probably correct.

Lets see where you are at:

Just answer these honestly.

1) Do you 'know' the engineers code?

2) Do you have an install manual?

3) Do you know who installed it?
Yes I know the engineers code, 1234 it wasn't changed. 

Yes I have an install manual downloaded 

No I. Don't know who installed it 

Thank u

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind 

zones 5, 6 & 7 are part set omitted by default, thats probably his problem
Thanks, how would I be able to change this? 

Yes I know the engineers code, 1234 it wasn't changed. 

Yes I have an install manual downloaded 

No I. Don't know who installed it 

Thank u

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind 

Thanks, how would I be able to change this? 

It tells you in the manual, but here anyway ;)

[Engineers Code]

Prog (all number lights should be lit)

5 1 - the lit numbers are the enabled (not omitted) zones.

press the numbers relating to the zones to turn on or omit zones in the part set suite.

Once happy, press Prog.

Reset

Reset

Reset (think you only need to press twice but one more for good measure)

You are now back out of engineers menu

I'm working from memory, which is probably wrong, but i fitted a texecom a few months ago and seem to remember that the omit function was for faults. However Andy is probably correct.

omit function is usually for faults although it can be used for any other reason

the part set omit is a different function though, and chances are 5 6 & 7 are omitted, then zone 5&6 were put into use but not un-omitted for the part set

[Engineers Code]

press the numbers relating to the zones to turn on or omit zones in the part set suite.

Once happy, press Prog.

Reset

Reset

reset once when your in engineer mode. reset twice if your in one of the options and want exit engineer mode

I am wondering is it because 5 & 6 (being front and back doors) are "final exit" or what ever you want to call them, so you can't omit a final exit circuit otherwise how would you get in to turn the alarm off?

he's not trying to omit them.... they simply dont work in part set so they must be omitted in the engineer settings. cant think of any other reason for it

[Engineers Code]

Once happy, press Prog.

Reset

Reset

Thank you so much, it worked, just another question please, is there any reason entry/exit is hit & miss? It don't always activate when the door is opened, possibly 1 in every 5 tries does the entry /exit start timing down. 

faulty door contact most likely. walk mode and open / close the door
Surely both contacts can't be faulty (front door /back door)  I did a walk test and it was fine worked great.  Could the battery need replacing?  I also set one of the pirs as a entry exit just to confirm the door contacts were not faulty and the pir also does not always work. So it's definately not door contacts. Any other suggestions? 

Thanks 

Latest posts