POLICE

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
There's a scam doing the rounds at the moment, basically you receive an e mail  from the "police"  that is supposed to be a N I P (notice of intended prosecution) " we have your vehicle caught by a speed camera please click link to view photographic evidence "

Do not click the link, various things may happen,The police will never send any official/ legal stuff by e mail, plus a NIP can only be sent by post or hand delivered.

A lot of us do a lot of miles and it's easy to think " well maybe I've been caught by a sneaky one" be warned people.

Canoeboy said:
I had one the other day - Greater Manchester Police - NIP Notice - It was 5 days before the email and a speeding prosecution - Looked very very convincing

Three things struck a bell

1. No registration Number

2. An email address that i generally don't use

3. My VW has been in the VW main dealers for 8 weeks :slap

The email came from [email protected] - An email marketer

Apparently i was doing 75 in a 30............

View attachment 7774
I'll pass that on to one of my pals in the local force, cheers.

had a quick look the in the junk folders and apparently ive been caught at 87 in a 25...

55 in a 50 doesnt sound right, usually get 10%+2. maybe on the plus side, if he didnt slow down between the 2 then its only 1 offence...

I thought it was a bit tight 55 in a 50

but they are both legit offences about 2 hours apart

letters arrived here for my daughter as she is the owner....but he was driving

is the law any different if it is a temp,restriction in temp roadworks?

anyway they have filled the forms in to,say he was driving so we will see what happens. Could have some tricky implications as a few of you know what his 'job' is......whoops

I've seen these, first one I saw was 87 in a 25, so obviously fake.

I see too many people just blindly panic when they see things like this, just slow down, be cynical, take a close look and don't be an idiot and randomly click things.

I stopped speeding through roadworks years ago after a little trip to Swansea. En-route I passed through 7 sets of roadworks, at 6 there was a Police car hiding behind the bollards, at the 7th set of roadworks the Police vehicle had someone pulled over. Now this was in the days before average speed cameras, but I've never sped through roadworks since, even when they go on for miles with an obviously clear road. It just isn't worth the agro.

its not too bad if the speed limit is reasonable. here they are busy doing some roadworks on A19, dual carriageway, national limit. the entire road is now 30mph limit. when they started, the 30mph lasted over a mile after the last cone. its now been brought forward a little bit to around half a mile. guess where the last camera is

They did something similar on the M54, one side was down to 40, the other 30.

For exactly the same work by the same company they had the M1 at 50 both sides (although the M54 work lasted for a few weeks, the M1 work lasted for what seems like several years).

as per Andy's reply, but you do have to push your luck to get a ticket. The cameras around Plymouth do seem set for a reasonable amount of driver error. Couldn't believe a TV report a while ago that people don't understand how these systems work, which might explain the number of idiots I've seen doing 60 in a 50mph set of roadworks...

Latest posts