Commissioning system when using Optimisers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When fitting a PV system with SolarEdge optimisers, how are you supposed to do the string tests???

Once the string is 'built' the optimisers only kick out 1V per module so no way to take the Voc and Isc readings?

test the modules before fitting, not that I've done that for years. Modules are more reliable than any other component of the system.

It is more meaningful to look at the output from the system against irradiance / data sheet for module being fitted. You can also look at the screen for the initial start up values, which is more or less the figures you are after. I think you can also 'stall' solaredge by turning of the switch on the bottom of the inverter, which will also give useful numbers.

test the modules before fitting, not that I've done that for years. Modules are more reliable than any other component of the system.

It is more meaningful to look at the output from the system against irradiance / data sheet for module being fitted. You can also look at the screen for the initial start up values, which is more or less the figures you are after. I think you can also 'stall' solaredge by turning of the switch on the bottom of the inverter, which will also give useful numbers.

That's all I could think to do @binky...... And hae done ;)

Cheers