• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wylex nb40

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
afternoon gentleman and ladies of course, I'm after sourcing a wylex nb40 mcb (or proteus) for an existing consumer unit. wondered if any of you ight have one kicking about in the box of old mcbs most of us have, ive loads of other ratings just not the 40a one. 

many thanks in advance

Wayne

cheers dave, have seen them on ebay but like you say price is abit higher than I/customer want to pay. 

that will be perfect what would you like for it?

Can you not still get the Proteus ones new from CEF? It was not that many years ago that I got one from there.

Tough question how much. I would hate to give it away for peanuts then find I need one and have to pay £45 for it, so as they seem rare and at a premium price I just might keep it.

What did you / your customer have in mind as a price they can afford?

These types of clients really need a reality check... didn't they consider the electrics and costs before they proceeded? Or is it just the Screwfix shower offer and nice tiles they have money for?

The NB series are those lethal ones with nice big exposed terminal screws.

I'm minded to keep the one I have in case I need it, given the high price they seem to command.