Risco EL Secuplace wireless kit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoopta

Reaction score
Hi,

My next project is looking at home automation, and the first part of that is an alarm system (later I'd like to add a CCTV and home management system to complement it).

For now though, after a bit of research I have narrowed it down to either the Pyronix Enforcer Wireless HC Control Wifi OR the Risco Secuplace kit SP3TRI kit. I've been advised that the Secuplace is a great easy option for the self install, but otherwise can't find any reviews etc on it, and the Enforcer seems to be well recommended, but perhaps not quite as simple to set up? Or is it just about getting your head around it?

Does anyone have any experience with either/both? My questions really are: Are they technically comparable from a security perspective? Do I need a degree from NASA to programme/set up the systems?

Thanks very much in advance,

Thanks. Ricochet looks great also...it's really hard to choose! I guess it's horses for courses really!

Will price it up also and see where I get to...

That's good. I like the option of hard wiring it in the future if the situation allows.

i've read that the ricochet can be harder to set up than comparable products (for those that are new to it like me!)....would you agree?

very easy, but then i use a laptop and usb lead and ive fitted them many times.... it can all be done through the keypad but its a bit more awkward. its not as 'out of the box' ready as some. used visonic many times too (but not any more), nowhere near as good as texecom, but for a DIY install they are a bit easier

Ah yes, would love to be able to use the software but I get why they don't let non professional alarm installers use it.

i've now ruled out the risco, so need to take another look at the ricochet and the enforcer again and then just make the leap!

Latest posts