Samsung Galaxy Tab

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For browsing and "consumption" of data, fine. For anything more serious and "producing" data (i.e. typing a document) then I am sorry, I just could not live without a proper tactile keyboard with proper keys. A touch screen effort that takes half your screen just does not cut the mustard.

All usual stuff will still be done on giant steam driven   tower desktop PC  in office .

The Tablet is just to use downstairs for browsing , look on Amazon etc .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go for an Amazon fire if it was just for browsing the internet. Much better value for money, and they tend not to get recalled as often as the Tabs!

the wife has a cheapo 10" tablet I got her (as recommended by a fellow forumite) , and I have an old nexus 7" tablet,

tbh, the 10" is way better screen size etc,

the wife has a cheapo 10" tablet I got her (as recommended by a fellow forumite) , and I have an old nexus 7" tablet,

tbh, the 10" is way better screen size etc,

Is that the Prestigo I said about Steps? Still going strong? They were a good find. If so then it's the same as my boy has. Uses it mainly at night. I think it's replaced the printed "material" of our day!  :Blushing

The resolution on my girls Samsung is far superior tbh. But then it was about x4 the price!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the Prestigo I said about Steps? Still going strong? They were a good find. If so then it's the same as my boy has. Uses it mainly at night. I think it's replaced the printed "material" of our day!  :Blushing

The resolution on my girls Samsung is far superior tbh. But then it was about x4 the price!
Yep, that's it, it was a cracking buy for the money, she tends to use it for catch up TV in bed of an evening, earphones in so I can get to sleep. :)

Had another look at a Samsung 10  in Currys earlier  ...think I'll go with one of those , can't see any offers anywhere  .  
Samsung are good Deke, everyone (4 off) in our house has Samsung phones apart from me (BV6000s) and my mini partner in crime (so I'm told) , who has a freebie something or other until it gets broke and I'll get her another free one from the craphone wh0rehouse,! She's only 3,!!!!! :slap