XEFRO Electric Panel Heaters - Tech Data Required

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoghi

Reaction score
I recently visited the home of an elderly couple who have Xefro 'Graphene' panel heaters fitted throughout the house - I was told that they stopped working shortly after they were installed (over a year ago). To cut a long story short, the original sales team made off with the £4k up-front deposit and were never seen again however the second set of installers made a neat enough job - only problem is they left without providing any sort of user manual or the promised controller 'app' for phone/tablet. The system comprises about a dozen radiators grouped into 4 zones. Each radiator has its own wireless receiver, and each zone has a battery-operated wireless controller. There is also a single black box (labelled 'do not unplug') plugged into a 13A socket which I would guess connects to the house wifi system to allow remote control. Anyhow I managed to get the heaters working again by fitting new batteries to the zone controllers, switching on the 'black box' controller then rebooting the receiver controls for each heater by just switching off for 30 secs then back on. What I can't seem to do is to control the zone temperatures - the controllers have up/down buttons but they don't seem to do anything other than display ambient temperature. Has anybody come across these heaters and, if so, do you know where I can download a copy of the user instructions or any other technical data? Many thanks.

I would recommend that a check is made with Electrical Safety First for sny recalls or danger notices on these heaters too.

I seem to recall a case of them catching fire too?

Yes, thanks for that piece of advice. I did check with ESF but couldn't see any reference to Xefro heaters - a bit surprised considering the reports of some of them catching fire.

Usually (with digital room stats) you have to press and hold the up/down buttons to adjust the setpoint. These may/will probably work in the same way.

Thanks. I'm going back to see them Wednesday to do a full survey, so I will have another play with them. The other problem is the temperature of the panels - most are ceiling mounted so no danger of accidentally coming into contact. However some smaller ones are wall mounted and are hot enough to cause pain to an elderly person who might fall against them. I think the small ones are rated at 400 - 450 W - I was thinking of putting a good quality dimmer in series so they can adjust the temperature.

Latest posts