Hello World :-)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Warner

Reaction score
Hi

I'm Steven.

I was trained to HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the 1980's  

Worked in Security and Communications for many years designing new equipment both electronic and embedded software aspects.

Concentrating on software I worked in industrial control / point of sale / automotive mainly as embedded software developer and designer always kept one eye on the electronics though as was usually developing interfaces to it.

Been looking at coming back to the comms and security side of things for my own business as I dont want to spend forever commuting for contracts.

Nice to meet you all - hope to get to know some of your well here.

Regards

Welcome to the Forum Steven ,   not many of us are connected with the stuff you do I'm afraid , possibly Sidewinder & Canoey  , possibly a couple of others but I'm sure you will find the Forum of interest and your expertise would be an asset .

Thanks Evans.

I'm looking to resurrect some of my electrical / comms knowledge and bring it up to date to carry out some small jobs for friends and charities Im involved in.

While having lot of knowledge from design point of view - I lack current knowledge about "in the field" terms and principles. 

I also need to get up to speed on regulations

So hopefully this will be a good forum to get pointers on required courses and certifications as opposed to things that are implied needed when they are not really needed