Megger MFT 1552

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graphdom

Reaction score
I purchased a 1552 late last year whilst finishing my training. Just come to start looking at doing some testing and found that any position the dial is set to apart form the V it displays a voltage like 165 V~. Any ideas, newbie to this. Thanks

Forgot to mention it's been sat I'm the garage for the last 2-3 Months. Also it is constantly beeping.

Forgot to mention it's been sat I'm the garage for the last 2-3 Months. Also it is constantly beeping.
Try batteries first, also never keep an expensive piece of kit in the garage, cold and damp are 2 big enemies. It's not a big item so keep it in the house, all my test gear is kept in the spare bedroom.

Do megger's have rechargeable batteries?

My fluke lives on a diet of procell's as it is not satisfied by cheaper energy sources.
My Metrel isn't too bad although it does have an annoying habit of deciding it wants "feeding" at the wrong moment, hence I always carry a spare set in the case.

My Metrel uses chargeable batteries, which are charged in situ. 

When I arrive on site, I plug it in to charge, plus in the winter allow it to warm up!