Things I do not like or am not particularly fond of

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
Just thought I would start a new thread as the old one seems to have done a Stuart Hall.....

after slightly over 60 years on this planet I have , on occasion, got a tad fed up with some minor issues. So I thought I would write a list having been prompted by another member.

these are my personal feelings and others may doubtlessly have an alternate view, I cannot help it if these people are wrong

Slaphead deniers

Pony tailed slapheads

That twonk on the Great Pottery Throwdown who cries because he loves Pottery

Brucie

False enforced zaniness

Pregnant pauses

All those fricking TV adverts that have one of every nationality in them so, they look like 'real life'

Ant and Dec

Ant

Dec

People who wear wacky glasses so that they get noticed

Bake Off

Strictlyo

Big Brother

Alan Carr

Fake reality probs ...usually American

People who 'attempt the accent/pronunciation' when in restaurants

Of instead of have

Wrong use of the word ',journey'

Overuse of the word 'like'

Drivers using mobiles

Smoking

Verrucas

Splinters behind finger nails

Thick as mince customers

Brucie

Small print

Leaking car radiator pipes

The cost of Kia radiator pipes

Car manufacturers that insist on running steel pipes under the body and attaching with clips that rot through the pipe

Kneeling on gripper-rod

Misuse of literally

Scouse brows

Too much make up

Obsession with Facebook

Facebook

Twitter

Jeremy Kyle

B&Q...did,I ever tell you about their pissh poor customer service and refusal to honour guarantees on a visibly flawed product W⚓️s

Football

Footballers

Insistence that New Football managers appear on TV with the team scarf and/or a fricking shirt with their name on it. My shirts stopped being named when I left primary school

Tossers who park on zig zags, outside school gates on double yellows

Customers who think their job is more important than another customers

False deadlines

Brucie

People who leave doors open

X Factor

Simon Cowell

Piers Morgan

Customers who do not tell the full story

Rip off Britain presenters

Michael from Network Support who seems to know my Internet connection is dodgy

Roasted chickpeas

Estate Agents

Sarah Beeny

Unblocking drains at a Mortuary

Being asked if I have a loyalty card

Being asked if I want a bag for 5p

Small print on TV screen that is on a background that stops you from reading it

Fast talking T&Cs on adverts

Car salesmen

Dog eggs and the silent footfall

Hungry house adverts

Beards

chuggers

Chemo

door knocking ex prisoners flogging dusters

secondary sales....I buy a loaf of bread and get asked if I am ok for toilet rolls

Z list celebrity

celebrity

Back slapping award ceremonies

Traffic wardens

over priced greetings cards

religious zealots

The majority of religions

gardeners poncing about using latin names for everything in sight

Brucie

never ending sales....anyone ever paid full price at CSL, DFS, Magnet, Howdens etc

true 'Brits' being classed as third class citizens in their own country

Tasteless cheese

Quinoa

Head colds

Intolerant people

probably a couple more that I have missed

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you covered most things there Kerch .  

Don't know what  " Slaphead deniers" are TBH . 

I,d go with that lot with the additioin of  that bloke on the TV  called Kieth  something ......just about the most annoying person on the planet....I'd prefer Adolf Hitler, with a ghetto blaster and four Bull Terriers  as a neighbour than that twot . 

Edit :      Forgot to mention all cooking programmes .   

Double edit :    Forgot those American programmes where two illiterate idiots tour the country picking up really interesting old items & artifacts  but are only interested in the dollars .

I think you mean Keith Lemon, the prat who does the carphone warehouse ads, also hate those go compare ad where the fat bloke sings opera and the other ads with those blokes that look like rejects from Village People, You know the ones strutters and builders or something, Oh and the git who drives the freight train and thinks its funny to wake me up by parking it nearby and revving the nuts off it. 

Just thought I would start a new thread as the old one seems to have done a Stuart Hall.....

after slightly over 60 years on this planet I have , on occasion, got a tad fed up with some minor issues. So I thought I would write a list having been prompted by another member.

these are my personal feelings and others may doubtlessly have an alternate view, I cannot help it if these people are wrong

Slaphead deniers

Pony tailed slapheads

That twonk on the Great Pottery Throwdown who cries because he loves Pottery

Brucie

False enforced zaniness

Pregnant pauses

All those fricking TV adverts that have one of every nationality in them so, they look like 'real life'

Ant and Dec

Ant

Dec

People who wear wacky glasses so that they get noticed

Bake Off

Strictlyo

Big Brother

Alan Carr

Fake reality probs ...usually American

People who 'attempt the accent/pronunciation' when in restaurants

Of instead of have

Wrong use of the word ',journey'

Overuse of the word 'like'

Drivers using mobiles

Smoking

Verrucas

Splinters behind finger nails

Thick as mince customers

Brucie

Small print

Leaking car radiator pipes

The cost of Kia radiator pipes

Car manufacturers that insist on running steel pipes under the body and attaching with clips that rot through the pipe

Kneeling on gripper-rod

Misuse of literally

Scouse brows

Too much make up

Obsession with Facebook

Facebook

Twitter

Jeremy Kyle

B&Q...did,I ever tell you about their pissh poor customer service and refusal to honour guarantees on a visibly flawed product W⚓️s

Football

Footballers

Insistence that New Football managers appear on TV with the team scarf and/or a fricking shirt with their name on it. My shirts stopped being named when I left primary school

Tossers who park on zig zags, outside school gates on double yellows

Customers who think their job is more important than another customers

False deadlines

Brucie

People who leave doors open

X Factor

Simon Cowell

Piers Morgan

Customers who do not tell the full story

Rip off Britain presenters

Michael from Network Support who seems to know my Internet connection is dodgy

Roasted chickpeas

Estate Agents

Sarah Beeny

Unblocking drains at a Mortuary

Being asked if I have a loyalty card

Being asked if I want a bag for 5p

Small print on TV screen that is on a background that stops you from reading it

Fast talking T&Cs on adverts

Car salesmen

Dog eggs and the silent footfall

Hungry house adverts

Beards

chuggers

Chemo

door knocking ex prisoners flogging dusters

secondary sales....I buy a loaf of bread and get asked if I am ok for toilet rolls

Z list celebrity

celebrity

Back slapping award ceremonies

Traffic wardens

over priced greetings cards

religious zealots

The majority of religions

gardeners poncing about using latin names for everything in sight

Brucie

never ending sales....anyone ever paid full price at CSL, DFS, Magnet, Howdens etc

true 'Brits' being classed as third class citizens in their own country

Tasteless cheese

Quinoa

Head colds

Intolerant people

probably a couple more that I have missed
Re the ever present DSF,CSL sales, a mate of mine was working in London some years back and in one street there were 2 identical stores, DFS or CSL, can't remember which, anyway the gear in one store was loads dearer than the other store. In store one was a 3 piece suite for say £1000, in the other the identical suite was £600, he got talking to one of the blokes who worked there and apparently to sell something in a sale it must have been offered at the higher price for a certain number of days recently. This was how they did it, nobody ever bought anything from the store, they'd be mad to, but in there sale adverts the company could legitimately advertise that the named product had been offered for sale at the higher price for the requisite number of days. 

Daytime tv

Jeremy Kyle

Constant adverts for funeral plans PPI etc

Homes under the Hammer

Bargain Hunt

Quiz shows

customers who insist on having their tv on in the daytime while I am working in their house and subjecting me to such drivel.

customers who SMOKE while I am trying to work in their house. (I try not to fart and pollute their air)

That Bank/building society that will track you down to the end of the earth to give you back a tatty jumper you tried to lose on the bus

blue sidelights on cars

people TWATS that like to gun the nuts off their Saxo on trading estates

storevstaff/shop staff calling me mate

Restaurant staff referring to customers as 'Guys'

eggheads.....especially the ' new tubby  Lisa ' who insists on singing....well,all of them really, Paedo Chris, thick as 🐂💩dave, furtive Barry, Diddler Kevin, GILF Judith

john Sessions......try googling John Sessions Smug C  and see what comes up

ill informed experts

incorrect use of the words Technician or Engineer

probably a few more

I must be working too hard, you lot watch too much daytime telly! :lol:

I agree on the "mate" thing...

Dress up smart and it's how can I help you sir? 

dress in work clothes and it's alrite mate, I'm dressed like a tramp are all your "mates" tramps?

Not sure what I'm getting at but it annoys me greatly!

:)

Daytime tv

Jeremy Kyle

Constant adverts for funeral plans PPI etc

Homes under the Hammer

Bargain Hunt

Quiz shows

customers who insist on having their tv on in the daytime while I am working in their house and subjecting me to such drivel.

customers who SMOKE while I am trying to work in their house. (I try not to fart and pollute their air)

Surely you could find the need to isolate the circuit supplying the TV if you wanted.

Oh dear, dare I suggest for the list;   "long term forum members who still don't know how to use the search option"?     Try typing in a word that is relatively unique to the thread you are searching for, such as "Brucie".    Make sure the option to search the whole forum is set and before you can say "did I tell you about B&Q's lettuced warranties",     You should find things like;

The forum archive is all there and intact, Just a bit of tweaking your search options should do the trick.

Doc H.

I already asked ......must be something they have ooooop north :C

Kerch is challenging my position as the new Victor Meldrew   .  I get emails from the wholesalers  addressing me as Victor  .... the missus calls me Victor  , I came in the other day , whinging that yet again , after 30 odd years , bloody Trigger from two doors down still walks past  like you're invisible ...and I'm sick of this car parked outside our house  for the last 3 months ...I just don't believe it !

Oh dear, dare I suggest for the list;   "long term forum members who still don't know how to use the search option"?     Try typing in a word that is relatively unique to the thread you are searching for, such as "Brucie".    Make sure the option to search the whole forum is set and before you can say "did I tell you about B&Q's lettuced warranties",     You should find things like;

The forum archive is all there and intact, Just a bit of tweaking your search options should do the trick.

Doc H.

actually, i had a quick search the other day and didnt find it either. maybe we should add the forum search to the list?

I took it to mean blokes who won't admit they are going bold and wear a rug on their head.

I am going almost gone bald gracefully.

Yes you are correct in that assumption.

or slapheads with comb overs , or even worse those that always wear a hat even indoors

effected names.......Will I Am, Flo Rida, etc

dark mornings

whistling in supermarkets

doctors receptionists

needless inventions....amagnaMole, scissors with lasers, mulriwrench the size of a small Principality usually see on shopping channels

Cupcakes....it's a fricking nun with icing

Hummers

Gloria Hunniford

car 'music' so loud you hear it ten minutes before you even see the pile of 💩 It is coming from

kids talking with a TWATCCENT to sound like gangstas......carp themselves when mummy says they are late for after school,club

not having the right tool

having the right tool,and not being able to find it

buying another specific tool only to find the other one straight away

screws made of cheese

99% of 951 clamps

lugs you cannot even crimp with a lump hammer

comstant change in tooling for computer/data connectors. Seems to have slowed down now. I must have a bin full,of old termination tooling

110 connectors.....KRONE everytime for me

****e data connectors.........buy 10 trash 9

fat train driver on eggheads

Brucie

Cold coffee

💩 coffee

having the 💩S

one car taking two or three parking spaces

dog 💩 Hanging in bags from trees

will probably think of a few more later on