FLUKE 1662 testers.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky40

Reaction score
Hi

I have looked on the internet but have been unable to find any answers so hopefully you can help me out with this.

I have recently purchased a 1662 tester and when conducting the Ring Final continuity test, and cross connect line and neutral and place the lead into the Neutral connector, it doesn't acknowledge it and only acknowledges line to PE.

I've looked through the manuals but this doesn't help either. Is it just a case of using the Earth

connector to measure the neutral or am I missing something? 

Thanks in advance

Mark O'Neill

continuity measurements usually done with red and green leads. the blue is needed for voltage,  loop tests, rcd testing an TP stuff.

you may be able to change it with the function buttons or swap the leads over the tester wont know, they aren't that clever.

Yes i do that, but on the led display it never registers the N when the lead goes in. I had a 1652c and now I have a 1663 , tried function buttons which don't change it. Just think it's strange it doesn't pick this up.

You're not really explaining yourself very well so it could be user error or it could be faulty equipment. I doubt we will ever know.

However , Blueduck understood what I was asking..i guess that's why he's a Gold member.

So do Fluke, as they've responded to the same question I posted. I'll put their response on here which could be useful to other Fluke 1662 MFT owners...oh that's Multi functional tester by the way Steptoe.

So if members ratings were assessed on the quality of the answers, we 'd have some new levels I think.

Gold, Silver and Bronze. - standard.

Steptoe would have his own level of 'Special brew'. Spec Locs would be 'Tolstoy'. Kerching maybe 'Hatter'.

Id be somewhere around 'Toilet Brush', R.B would be 'Pulsating Purple Dildo.'

So if members ratings were assessed on the quality of the answers, we 'd have some new levels I think.

Gold, Silver and Bronze. - standard.

Steptoe would have his own level of 'Special brew'. Spec Locs would be 'Tolstoy'. Kerching maybe 'Hatter'.

Id be somewhere around 'Toilet Brush', R.B would be 'Pulsating Purple Dildo.'
Thats a little harsh.....you have missed a few!

admittedly two have spit out their dummies and left, promising never to come back, and as far as I know they haven't 

''when conducting the Ring Final continuity test, and cross connect line and neutral and place the lead into the Neutral connector, it doesn't acknowledge it and only acknowledges line to PE''

I wish i had seen this earlier, the instrument is designed to only use the L & E connections when performing a continuity test. The N connector is disconnected and therefore the unit doesn't have a need to sense that a cable is fitted.

Hi, yes thanks for the response. I was contacted by Fluke who informed me that you cannot continuity test between line and neutral on the 1662 but can on the 1663 and 64.

Yes the 1664 is a nice piece of kit, I'm well happy with mine, which was bought at a cracking price from the number one sponsor  @megger mark from 

http://isswww.co.uk/

:Salute   Guinness

Have to to say that Fluke have somewhat let themselves down a bit though on the trade in deal, only just received my cash back after substantial pestering and bought it at end of December!! I dare say if I hadn't pestered then then I'd still be waiting.