3 Phase calculation help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The hurricane

Reaction score
Hi

I've been asked to look at a job last minute. It involves a 3 phase supply and I cant for the life of me get my head around the calcs. (not really worked anything out 3 phase for a good few years)

Only info to go off at the min is a 22KW Chicken Rotisserie. Run is approx 20M clipped direct.

Any help appreciated, Thanks

What do you want to know?

Assuming the load is split evenly between the three phases (you need to check) that's simply 7.333KW per phase or about 32A per phase.

In all honesty I've probably confused myself by googling too much.

Think I just needed somebody else to tell me what I already knew.

happens that way sometimes. I like to translate to something simple, like the above is 3 old very electric showers so 4mm probably OK but 6mm is probably better as it will run for quite a few hours. From that I then go do the proper calcs, if you see what I mean.

happens that way sometimes. I like to translate to something simple, like the above is 3 old very electric showers so 4mm probably OK but 6mm is probably better as it will run for quite a few hours. From that I then go do the proper calcs, if you see what I mean.
thats what I do

then I'll actually calc it if I feel the need,

like (very basic) rule of thumb, 4amp per KW [even though its not]

You could do :

KW  X  1000

V X 1.73 X pf

Just under 40 A

A chicken rotisserie you say ..... so probably runs all day long in a hot commercial kitchen  ... I'd go with a 10 mm2  X 4c  SWA  myself .