spot the fault™ EICR edition

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
asked to look at this property / report for a landlord

1: probably under floor next to DB. loose board but lots of boxes i was too lazy to move

2: C3. its a metal board with knockouts and reasonable smooth edges. all cables fixed so movement not really an issue

3: C2. its a 15a carrier into 30a base, but it would be easy to change the carrier to a 30a (the circuit is good for 30a anyway, its the cooker circuit. not the unused shower shower circuit as he thinks it is on SOT)

4: should really be a C2

5: WTGrape

7: er... its TT
9: guidance in an annex, not a regulation so it shouldnt really be noted

12: look on the water pipe?

then there is the schedule of almost no tests

and finally there is a quote to re-wire the place for just under 5K. it only needs a new DB, new feed to kitchen sockets & few other minor issues sorted

Never knew that 3036's had built in RCD protection would have saved me a lot of bother if I'd known.

Assuming this is the results from a front end RCD external to the board how would you have recorded it?

external RCD on tails. surprised he didnt code it C1 for for not avoiding inconvenience incase of a fault
Funny you should mention that, I remember working on a property years ago, the supply was TNS , it was an ex council house iirc and it had a Wylex board with 3036's in and an rcd fitted in the tails. I don't know what was going on but for some reason they had retrofitted these RCD's to all of the houses on the estate a couple of years after they had rewired them, they were 3O milliamp trip too!

Latest posts