220V EU standard power sockets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all,

just been asked to fit some 220V EU standard power sockets where do i buy em?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We get schuko sockets from legrand. They are modular. I would have a 3 gang socket. One UK one Schuko and the other one Japanese or Oz.

Last edited by a moderator:
there going in a container which is going on a ship operated by siemens so i assume they want to plug there crazy german electrics in.

Better than those crazy British electrics with the huge plug with a fuse in them. :)

cheers, Paul

unfortunately i'm getting the information through a third party but its going on a siemens ship so its probably german.
Siemens is world wide. You need to be sure. My boss  used to own part of Siemens heating division and make heaters in Ireland with Siemens branding on them.

Siemens is world wide. You need to be sure. My boss  used to own part of Siemens heating division and make heaters in Ireland with Siemens branding on them.
well the problem is the third party whose fabricating the container, if i ask him he wont ask them, if they haven't specified it he isn't bothered. when they originally didn't say they wanted lights he told me not to put any in (in a windowless office)i had to fight just to know how many sockets they wanted, so at this point if those fit the description 220v eu standard sockets thats what will go in.

well the problem is the third party whose fabricating the container, if i ask him he wont ask them, if they haven't specified it he isn't bothered. when they originally didn't say they wanted lights he told me not to put any in (in a windowless office)i had to fight just to know how many sockets they wanted, so at this point if those fit the description 220v eu standard sockets thats what will go in.
It's a while since I had anything to do with boats, but the last liner I worked on had Schuko sockets everywhere, the ship shop made a fortune selling adaptors to Brits who thought they'd have UK 13A sockets.

The worst thing about the British three pin plug is when you tread on one. :swear:

Miles worse than lego....in the dark....

:lol:
Very true, but not nearly as bad as those spiky shades they had on 70's Christmas tree lights, for some reason you always lost one putting up the tree and you always found it about 3 am when you went downstairs for a drink, ouch!