tektronix dm250

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 28643

Reaction score
I have owned this old multimeter for many years. Got for it free with the purchase of an oscilloscope in 1990 or so.

I have got the terminals hooked up as is shown in the picture below. And can measure my 12volts DC from the car and the 220volts in the house. And the beeping mode that tells me cables are connected. 

What are the other 2 connectors on the multimeter used for?  Is there an idiot's-guide for this?

I tried find the manual for the DM250. ,But even Tektronix dont have it on their website. 

Any explanation you can offer will be most appreciated.

Tester.jpg

Used for making current measurements. Keep the black lead in COM and put the red lead in either of the two current socets depending on what sort of current you are expecting to measure.

There's nothing special about that meter particularly. Just find a manual that is close to it and use that as a reference, but as above, move the red lead over for current readings, uA and mA ranges use the uA mA socket, other ranges (2A, 10A) use the 10A socket.