Postman Pat?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
On a job at a children's day nursery recently, the owner said he does his own PAT, judging by these 2 things I found while doing my work I can only assume he meant Postman Pat! Incidentally the plug with the damaged insulation was on a piece of equipment in a play area!

plugtop.jpg

hoover.jpg

Where I used to work, we used to do our own PAT testing until we became too busy and got in outsiders.

They would just be the usual button pushers, and I once found a lead they had passed that was a home-made IEC lead using 6 core signal cable with doubled pairs...

It still is for any self respecting spark.
Back in the day one of our clients used to fit those 3 pin Duraplugs to heating pumps, the idea being that when the plumber changed a pump it was just a plug in, no need to send an electrician as well. Some poor sod had to wire these things so they had a stock of them, if you upset the gaffer or you were at a loose end then you were it. It carried on for ages until one of the boss's who happened to live in one of the associations property's took a dislike to them, Apparently his heating pump was in a cupboard in a bedroom, his young son pulled the connector apart and poked a paperclip into the socket portion, it wouldn't have been so bad but the heating was on at the time, thank god for RCD's

we use dura plugs on fire engine charger leads, theory being if the driver forgets to unplug before racing out the doors the dura plug will disconnect...............would work if the thick twats wouldn't tie the up stream cable length to the side of the wagons...............a Marcaddy reel rattling across 3 tunns junction in slough is rather amusing during rush hour.

They also make...

MK_lcp103whi.jpg.715405f81f96189233f4444fb0aa955f.jpg

we use dura plugs on fire engine charger leads, theory being if the driver forgets to unplug before racing out the doors the dura plug will disconnect...............would work if the thick twats wouldn't tie the up stream cable length to the side of the wagons...............a Marcaddy reel rattling across 3 tunns junction in slough is rather amusing during rush hour.

A friend rewired a fire station, as you say Duraplugs were used for the engines. First time it was used in anger, the plug snagged. All his nice shiny new conduit was bouncing down the road behind the engine.

Blimey, must be some current. Very popular with ambos. Amusing that certain trusts insisted on 110v, others were happy with the full mains. Then at merger time... ;)