Thursdays quick job

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerching

©Kleenex™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
Just retired 6 trailers for a Farmer 👨‍🌾 mate.

done in 7 core SY flex as the sheep keep chewing through the flex. Socket at back so they can easily swap,boards

phones me moaning that left is right, and right is left. It's ALL wrong and dangerous. His son who is a Spark has looked at it and reckons my stuff is wrong!

his son has fitted the trailer boards upside down!....ALL of them!

:slap   The  giveaways, in my non farming opinion, was the warning triangles had the 'points' at the bottom  :innocent

Why do you all get at farmers? I had no problem with them in my other line of work. Cash on the nail every time with no quibbling although they would want “luck money” to complete the transaction. Once it got known I gave luck I was always busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some farmers are ok others are a pain, there's an old lad near me, in his 80's, discouraged his daughter from seeing lads as he needed her on the farm, she's 50 odd now and still there. Well all his gear is knackered, lights on trailers are unheard of, anyway I was talking to him last year and asked how everything was, "bloody terrible" he replied, "that silly cow's gone and put her foot through the trailer floor and bust her leg, her's gonna be laid up for weeks, an i'm left struggling on me own" .The fact that his daughter had actually fallen through the rotten timber floor on his trailer was lost on him.

On the other hand another farmer is a great bloke and has become a good friend, he never quibbles on prices and always helps me if I'm stuck, recently I was talking to him and mentioned buying a new MFT, "tell us which one and we'll buy it for you" he replied, my lad was after a large gazebo for a family gathering over Easter, I knew there was one at the farm and enquired if I could borrow it, "aye take it, we don't use it and we know where it is if we need it", it's not a cheap one either, they paid a few hundred quid for it.