Audi drivers and insurance companies

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Both are Sprouts.

That is all

Sprouts? Possibly, but Ahh well

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your hurt Pheonix  but you really need to edit that word in your post .   Forum doesn't allow obsenities and we have at least one lady member . 

Sunday morning, just having a bit of a drive about, and was going to call in at Asda on my way home, to pick up some more ibrofrofen and parcetamal for my toothache (got in with the dentist on monday, told them I was feed up with it giving problems after each attempt to fix it " Do you want me to take it out?" decided its probably best, an am down a tooth.... typically my gums still hurt :(   )

Anyway, going round a roundabout, and changed my mind where I wanted to go (sunday drive out - no where in particular). So indicated, checked it was safe to change lanes, and moved out. Now the entrance to the round about we had just passed from the town goes into two lanes just before the roundabout, the next exit from that is a dual carriageway section of the bypass, now you can go in the outside lane there and end up on the outside lane of the bypass, which I presume is Mr. Audis plan (I presume, he came out of no-where) So I can only presume, he came flying down the outside lane, to fast round the round about (as many do there) didn't see me half way through moving into the outside lane (he wasn't even on the round about when I started moving over), as he existing thr round about (I am now three quarters into the outside lane) the back left of his car tries to go through the front wing of mine. All he says "You shouldn't be there" well, er no, I was quite correctly changing lanes, if you hadn't come barrelling through the round about at break neck speed, you might have seen whats happening in front of you, and not passed someone who is halfway through changing lanes and then attempted to exit in front of them!.

Doesn't know who his insurance company is "Company car, don't know, not bothered" so end up having to involve my insurance company, who decide I am to blame, then the approved repairer manages to decide that the damage is £2900 and they want to write my car off.... for god sake, could striaghten the bumper support out and get the bumper back on with a few penny washers and tye wraps in an hour, of course they have to make it look decent.... but 2900?!

Now they are taking their time over it all, I am on a week off from work with no car. Had to ask permission to use van to get my tooth pulled out.

Renewals going to go up.

Can't see any car suitable on AT or ebay near by.

Gum still hurting.

Just tell the Audi driver he is a p****** who drives too fast not looking where he is going, get own his insurance to sort his dented wheel and scuffed paintwork out (that is really all that happened) and hand me my car back with a gaffer taped bumper with a bit of cash to compensate for the uglyness and I will drive it until it falls apart. I'd be far cheaper and easier for everyone....

God.... I'm starting to sound like Phil....

so you changed your mind where you were going last minute and changed lanes causing a crash.

quite simply if you are in the wrong lane, then you go where that lane goes and turn around when safe to do so

its drivers like you randomly changing lanes and not going where the big arrows / signs point to that cause most of the problems

Ii agree with a lot of the sentiments above, I've noticed a lot of Audi drivers are appalling, in fact I'm wary of them now, I actually joked that the TT badge is a form of personalisation, standing for "total tosser", my mate uses a worse word. However there is also the old thing about missing your turning and carrying on to the next one and coming back, my pet hates are roundabouts and motorway slip roads. The driver on the inside of the RA who suddenly decides he wants off and leaps in front of everyone else is a favourite, also the idiot on the motorway who flies down the outside to escape a queue of traffic, then careers across  all 4 lanes to dive off at the slip road. My mate came up with a good idea recently, we were stuck in a jam on a motorway and all these drivers were flying down the outside lane then trying to get over, often on the chevrons. This was making the delays worse, he proposed installing pop up bollards that would rise when the traffic was heavy, thereby stopping drivers cutting in at the last minute, an excellent idea I think. 

I had thought about the stinger things the police use along side of the road to prevent such bad driving, then thought through the consequences. 

' your honour, the injuries were sustained when my client was walking home after a night out and wandered off track towards the roadside where he fell into the edge and landed on the stingers.'

"did he not read the signs 'warning stingers on roadside' "

'well yes your honour that's why he went there, somebody changed the 't' to a 'w' '

I had thought about the stinger things the police use along side of the road to prevent such bad driving, then thought through the consequences. 

' your honour, the injuries were sustained when my client was walking home after a night out and wandered off track towards the roadside where he fell into the edge and landed on the stingers.'

"did he not read the signs 'warning stingers on roadside' "

'well yes your honour that's why he went there, somebody changed the 't' to a 'w' '
Hah swingers, that bring back memories! some of you may remember that a few years back I was doing a thing training police dogs, well you need a fairly big area and there's a country park near me, where we used to go when we were kids, it's one of those places that's great in summer for kids. There's a playpark, forests a lake and loads of grass, it covers about 4 square miles, kids in the daytime dog walkers at teatime and the occasional courting couple later on.

My wife and I used to go up after work with the police dog, most people had gone and we'd do tracking training and the like, one night we'd just finished an exercise, it was still light, around 9pm and we were sat in the van when this guy drove up and started looking at us, he drove up and down before parking right alongside us. We thought it strange as the car park was large and empty, Anyway after watching us for a few minutes another car arrives and parks further away. The next thing this guy gets out of his car and leans into my window, "evening mate, whens the show starting?" he asked, I looked at him, "what bleeding show?" I replied mystified, "well we're doggers" he replied "we thought you were going to put on a show", "oh right, doggers, well you're in luck hang on We'll give you a show". I reached round the seat and released the catch on the carrier, suddenly there was a loud snarl and a mass of fur flew at the window, the guy nearly carped himself as 6 stone of police dog hit the glass.

The dog sat back and I leaned out of the window, "well you wanted a show, you got one, that my friend is a police dog". you've never seen people move as fast in all your life!