Ouch! the truth hurts!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
Just seen on the news earlier and apparently the Gypsy and Traveller communities are up in arms, apparently somebody with a sense of humour has designed a new logo on hoodies and T shirts and the like.

It has the Nike swoosh, or as I call it the hockey stick and the words "Pikey, just nick it" .

Apparently our travelling friends find it a slur and offensive, why?

I draw a distinct difference between travellers and pikeys,

I know a few proper traveller families, and they are great, some of them even have yearly contracts for maintenance on some commercial buildings, 

Pikeys, on the other hand, :shakehead

Pikies were a pain in the bum at the foundry. More than once they showed up at the workshop trying to sell the same stainless steel I’d earlier watched them nicking from the scrap stock ground.

“Thanks for sorting the scrap, stainless ruins cast iron.” If I’d timed it right security would then show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it is all very well, making shirts like this, but would the makers be allowed to make ones with comments about coons or pakis?? I doubt it.. It they made ones with pictures of "mohammed" on them [does anyone know what he looks like??] they would in all probability be murdered, so why is it ok to make pikey ones??

I can GUARANTEE you one thing, NOT ONE of the no doubt chavvy idiots that will buy these things would DARE wear it any where near a pikey camp....

I too have met some "pikey" types, and some were supposedly deeply religious catholics, [whilst keeping people prisoner as slaves] but others were great, really nice people, straight to deal with and honest and pleasant..

john..

I too have met some "pikey" types, and some were supposedly deeply religious catholics, [whilst keeping people prisoner as slaves] but others were great, really nice people, straight to deal with and honest and pleasant..

john..

No different from the rest of us human beings then, good and bad in all it seems. 

Personally I wouldn't pi55 on any of them if they were on fire! I helped one family near me when they were having trouble, even took photo's for one of the family when the photographer cancelled just before the wedding, one of the cousins still felt he'd got the right to steal equipment from my car, even though they all knew it was mine! Hitler had the right idea, eradicate the lot of them, scum the lot of them, they see no reason why they shouldn't steal everything that doesn't belong to them, yet think nobody should do anything against them. Sorry but once bitten twice shy, it should be one rule for everyone, not one for them and a different one for everyone else!

As said  theres good & bad in all kinds .    The ones that land in this area are above the law , they turn up periodicaly , smash their way onto a public park  by uprootiong fencing , pulling down the barriers & height restrictors and encamping for a week .    

When they move on , Birmingham ratepayers stump up the money to clean the site of rubbish , scrap & human excrement , repair the access gates etc, replace bollards & await their return . 

Never heard of any criminal procedings being taken . 

Up until a few years ago everyone would suddenly find their garages & sheds had all been robbed during this period , my van was done over twice , purely coincidental of course, note damage to rear door  prior to fitting hasp & padlock  .  So we all dug in our pockets again and fitted gates to the rear accesses .    As below.

Image013 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As said  theres good & bad in all kinds .    The ones that land in this area are above the law , they turn up periodicaly , smash their way onto a public park  by uprootiong fencing , pulling down the barriers & height restrictors and encamping for a week .    

When they move on , Birmingham ratepayers stump up the money to clean the site of rubbish , scrap & human excrement , repair the access gates etc, replace bollards & await their return . 

Never heard of any criminal procedings being taken . 

Up until a few years ago everyone would suddenly find their garages & sheds had all been robbed during this period , my van was done over twice , purely coincidental of course, note damage to rear door  prior to fitting hasp & padlock  .  So we all dug in our pockets again and fitted gates to the rear accesses .    As below.

View attachment 8013
Exactly, if we did half of what they did we'd be locked up straight away, they get away with all sorts. I remember a few years back in Liverpool, they pitched up on this land and started their nonsense, anyway some of the local heavies got their kids to brick the windows on the vans. The pikeys came out and tried to hit the kids so the heavies beat the lettuced out of them, funnily enough you have to look really hard to find any parking up in Liverpool these days.

BTW  I hope that private plate on your van doesn't reflect on the quality of your work. lol :innocent

Personally I wouldn't pi55 on any of them if they were on fire! I helped one family near me when they were having trouble, even took photo's for one of the family when the photographer cancelled just before the wedding, one of the cousins still felt he'd got the right to steal equipment from my car, even though they all knew it was mine! Hitler had the right idea, eradicate the lot of them, scum the lot of them, they see no reason why they shouldn't steal everything that doesn't belong to them, yet think nobody should do anything against them. Sorry but once bitten twice shy, it should be one rule for everyone, not one for them and a different one for everyone else!

So eradicate any race, religion or group just because the you've had a bad experience. 

I'm by no way saying that they don't have a bad reputation that has been rightly earned. However wiping them all out because of it seems a but extreme. An you realise you're agreeing with the sentiment of the man responsible for the holocaust right? 

So eradicate any race, religion or group just because the you've had a bad experience. 

I'm by no way saying that they don't have a bad reputation that has been rightly earned. However wiping them all out because of it seems a but extreme. An you realise you're agreeing with the sentiment of the man responsible for the holocaust right? 
All religion should be banned, most of the wars in history were caused by religion, and if you ask me the so called "travellers" or "gypsies" or whatever they call themselves should all be eradicated! Rats, pigeons and other vermin are removed and so should they be, they do not perform one useful function in life, their sole reason to exist is to cause misery to others, as for Hitler he had some good idea's he just chose the wrong way to go about achieving them, look at Germany now, considering they "lost" the war they're in a far better position than us the so called "winners"

All religion should be banned, most of the wars in history were caused by religion, and if you ask me the so called "travellers" or "gypsies" or whatever they call themselves should all be eradicated! Rats, pigeons and other vermin are removed and so should they be, they do not perform one useful function in life, their sole reason to exist is to cause misery to others, as for Hitler he had some good idea's he just chose the wrong way to go about achieving them, look at Germany now, considering they "lost" the war they're in a far better position than us the so called "winners"

I guess the same can be said about dog owners leaving S**t on the pavement. Loads of them do, loads clean up properly. I guess eradicating them all solves it though. 

Well while we are at it let's do a comprehensive eradication list (I sense Kerching may pipe up here :innocent  ) 

so so to start with we have;

gypsies, tramps and thieves.

dog owners 

believers of religion

I'll throw in banks and insurance companies. 

Well while we are at it let's do a comprehensive eradication list (I sense Kerching may pipe up here :innocent  ) 

so so to start with we have;

gypsies, tramps and pikeys

dog owners 

believers of religion

I'll throw in banks and insurance companies. 
Wasn't that a song by cher, only she called it "gypsy's tramps and thieves", blimey they had political correctness all those years ago too.lol

Latest posts