C & G 236 qualification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIKE ASTLEY

Reaction score
Hi I'm in the process of registering with a part p body and have submitted all my qualifications however with the C & G 236 part 2 I only have 2 x certificates of units credits towards level 3 certificate in Electrical Installation, I thought this constitutes to the full Certificate qualification! Does anyone know how many certificates of unit credits there are for C & G 236 part 2 to achieve the full certificate? Without this full certificate I can not register.

Many Thanks

When did you take the 236? 

I thought that there were 2 parts to the 236? There is a level 2 and level 3 that you had to do to get full qualification then if you studied them later than 1999 you needed an NVQ level 3 certificate on top. 

Hi yes there were 2 parts for the c & g 236 I took the exam in 2004 and was issued with  2 x certificates units towards Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Installation (part 2) I thought this was the actual full certificate as I completed the full course but this is not accepted by the part p body as it needs to be full certificate status to join their scheme.