Sabre rattling again .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just what you need to hear , two countries , both with nuclear capability , both with an indoctrinated populance , both run by power mad , egotistic loony tunes , threatening each other with the old ...my willy is bigger than yours carp.     The sooner both of them are deposed  & replaced the better. 

These bloody loony nations showing off their military might with  goose stepping , indoctrinated troops following the machines of death worry me . 

I can remember the Cuban Missile crisis starting to dominate the news all those years ago .   We were young then , invincible , gonna live forever,  too busy to bother with the older generation's problems .....our future was before us.....but as it progressed a dawning fear crept over us  as the Russian Ships pressed on towards Cuba , loaded  with the latest missiles of the time and representing a certain threat against the United States with the capability of being launched from Cuba. 

The  "What to do in an nuclear Attack" films were being aired ,   sabres had been rattled and were now being waved about in an aggressive manner ....  JFK  laid it down in no uncertain terms  and thankfully  Russia saw sense and eventually backed off .

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, I don't think Spain and the UK will go to war over Gibraltar.

Although Spain has been nuked before and survived and I hear Theresa May's Willy isn't that long.

:innocent

Well Rapparound that might be our salvation ......  more women running the world and they don't have willys to wave about .
I don't know about that. Look at the balls-up Angela Merkel made of Europe with the refugee crisis.

I think Trump and Putin will bury the hatchet and all will be good. The Yank's have the mother of all bombs and the Russian's have the father.

If anyone is going to start chucking nukes about I have my plan ready.

The only sensible place to be is right underneath the thing.

Game over.

its a bit odd when people who have enough nuclear weapons to destroy most of the world and leave it inhabitable for millions of years try and tell others they cant do the same...

Thats always been the mad thing about the damn things .   Unfortunately its always been the way of things .       Generally throughout history he who had the biggest army didn't use it as a deterrant but tended to invade everyone in sight .  

There always seems to be an egotistical nutter running these countries ...indoctrinate  the lower  / working classes into believing they must fight for their country  then  hurl them against the machine guns.  

The problem with Trump is he's a business man, he's used to people doing as he tells them and him not having to look at the "bigger picture", the problem now is he has people who are telling him "no" and I don't think he's enjoying the experience.

When you run a company that is yours, you can pretty much do whatever you like, you are the boss, Trump obviously thought that running a country was the same and I believe a lot of what he's trying to do is of his own agenda, he's got plenty of money and doesn't like poor people so, the first thing he does is scrap state funded healthcare, probably the same is true of his Mexican wall thing. He was probably out one night and got a dodgy Burrito, or Chili or something so now he hates Mexicans!

I've known bosses who were complete tosspots, they want something done their way because "they" are the boss, whether it's right or wrong it has to be done their way, then, when it all goes wrong it conveniently becomes someone else who had the idea.

So true Phil d   I had to Scoob you  for that  .    I had the impression "they" were keeping his media appearances to minimum these days to reduce the amount of BS he spouts .     

anyone else think it may be a good idea if secret service or whoever was to 'misplace' the nuclear football? probably safer giving it to some random person passing at the time

It is indeed ironic how some people think they can tell others not to do what they are doing, I remember my mum had a saying "do as I say not as I do", I suppose it's the same with anything. We have one country saying another shouldn't have nuclear weapons, while at the same time they're making new ones, then we have the likes of our government telling the working man he must pay his taxes, yet the people in the government do their best to pay as little as possible. Many years ago I lived next door to a large USAF base at Burtonwood in Cheshire, it was an important supply base and even though parts of it had been shut years earlier and a motorway had been built across the old runway, the base was still very active. In fact the motorway adjacent to the base is dead straight with no overbridges, this was a condition of allowing it to be built, so in the event of war planes could land on the carriageway. Nuclear war didn't really worry me back then, this base was known to be on Russia's list of "first strike" targets, so I wouldn't really have known about it. One of the things that really worries me these days is just how many of the people involved can't even pronounce "nuclear". The word is pronounced "new clear" yet you hear so many top people pronounce it as " new que lar" . hell's teeth man, if they can't pronounce the word, what hope have they of understanding the damage it can do!

its a bit odd when people who have enough nuclear weapons to destroy most of the world and leave it inhabitable for millions of years try and tell others they cant do the same...

I've always thought that the UK should lead by example and ditch Trident, apart from saving a small fortune that could be spent on weapons we could actually use, schools, hospitals etc etc, I think it would show some genuine leadership on the issue.

anyone else think it may be a good idea if secret service or whoever was to 'misplace' the nuclear football? probably safer giving it to some random person passing at the time
Andy, the safest thing to do would be to let my wife handle it, "I'm leaving this on the fireplace love, it's important don't move it" She replies, "ok love", the following morning, "Where's that thing gone off the fireplace?", she replies, "don't know love, I've put it somewhere safe".

When we die and they empty our house, someone's going to find all those things she's put in a safe place, There'll be paperwork, odd tools, books, and very probably somewhere, that aircraft that disappeared never to be seen again, it was probably lying around somewhere and she saw it and put it away. Give her anything and tell her it's important and it'll be gone forever.