This is what pees me off with this stupid country

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just flicking through channels on TV   looking for something not involving cooking  and theres some wench with 18 bleedin' kids  drawing  £32000  a year off the state  you & me   .

In all honesty I have no idea why we pay child allowance at all ...or at least pay it for just the one ......frigging 18 is just taking the pee .   :C

They said, because it is, unless you can prove the third baby is due to rape.

Not sure if this legislation is retrospective or not, I doubt it is, you can't exactly 'unborn' children' and the cost of state care is far higher than benefits, so if you make them homeless it will just cost us all more. Not that there is any state care left. There's a lack of foster places, childrens homes were closed years ago, and many of the foster places available are taken up by refugee children, who the care providers prefer to work with, somthing to do with being polite, happy and well behaved.

I have to say it is a policy I agree with, but it will take a long time to effect. Not sure cutting benefits to £25k is really fair, it means many people having to move across country, eg out of London to Stoke on Trent. Kind of smacks of ethnic cleansing London by money, breaks up family support networks, and potentially creates slum areas 'Up North'. You also have to wonder who will do all the low-end jobs in London in the future?

Not retrospective.......but the facts are that not only do we have a birth rate on the up, but a larger percentage of families now have 3 or 4 children....if people had to provide from their own incomes only, rather than tax credits, benefits, etc, then they may think twice about producing kids they can't support (hopefully)

We could do with some ethnic cleansing down here, all these stupid rich white people, clogging up the place with their tap rooms and £3.50 coffees.

Did I mention the dog eggs? The number of turds spread across the pavement is directly proportional to the value of property....

Child benefit is great for us down here slightly above the breadline but it would be better to be remunerated more favourably by my employer with the understanding that the price of **** has gone up so I need to be paid more to pay for ****!

As for having 18 kids....

If this hag had been brought up right and educated properly she could be CEO of McDonald's  by now but unfortunately  the system broke a a long time ago and allowed this to go on rather than getting people HELP they just swept the problems under the carpet which brings me to local authorities....

WHAT a bunch of unless morons, I read that there are council employees  with made up job titles that make more than the prime minister...

I woke up on the wrong side of the sofa with a cat and child on me.

:facepalm:

Yeah, kill everyone. Stupid people, they are stupid.

Where's my pitchfork....

For me it's about providing the ducklings with things they need that due to the low wages that I'm on at the moment I cannot afford, shoes for webbed feet aren't cheap! 

Really they are just plugging a gap with something that was intended for good but it's gone to far.

Forget child benefit. If they had half an ounce of sense, they would get a low paid part time job, then collect all their tax credits, which would be way more than CB. But they don't even have the nounce to work that one out.

Tax credits are NOT means tested, so you get them if you earn less than about £35K, work more than 16 hours, and have kids.......... you can even claim them if you have millions in the bank ....

Not retrospective.......but the facts are that not only do we have a birth rate on the up, but a larger percentage of families now have 3 or 4 children....if people had to provide from their own incomes only, rather than tax credits, benefits, etc, then they may think twice about producing kids they can't support (hopefully)

All those happy familes from abroad perhaps? I ended up with 1 child, it's all me and my wife could afford to raise, pay for everything, and work at the same time. If we had gone to 2 or more children, then it effectively have been cheaper for one of us to give up work.

^^ we've got 2 kids ... anymore would have meant a bigger house, bigger cars... more expensive holidays.... more shoes, uniforms, 

Got one of each - feel very lucky..

and we've always earned too much to claim tax credits....

The trouble is they turn round and say "it's my right to have as many kids as I like", ok maybe it is their right, but not when someone else is paying for them. It's a bit like me saying, " I want 5 pints of beer and 40 cigs a day, oh and by the way, you, can buy me them".

one of my ex partners had a baby when I met her, when it was a certain age the DSS started pushing her to get a job, she went to college and trained as an NNEB, could have had a good job earning plenty of cash, instead she gets pregnant again and gets another 5 years work free! Same as those "single" mothers, they've 4 or 5 kids, all different ages and all by the same father, they've tried with the bloke once, it didn't work out, they've gone back and tried again, fair enough, but hold on 4 kids and they reckon they can't live together, well stop having it off then. If you can't live together as a family, stop breeding.

Surely child benefit is to support someone struggling to feed and clothe a child .....its not a way of life . 

that's what it was meant for, but with low paid work, unstable jobs and zero-hour contracts, plus a benefit system that can't cope with people working for a few months then being unemployed, then working, etc etc the whole scenario made it more sensible not to work. More commonly known as the benefits trap. It's also responsible for why 2 million Polish could find work.... Can't remember who mentioned the cost of housing in another thread, but that certainly hasn't helped

.... Can't remember who mentioned the cost of housing in another thread, but that certainly hasn't helped

think that was me.... the rise in housing costs, which is the key to the cost of living crisis for anyone who wants to buy 1st time or rent, is DIRECTLY linked to the growth in the population versus the low numbers of homes built. I'm in Surrey and you can't even buy a studio flat around here for under £150K

Lower the population and increase the housing supply would reduce prices....

The trouble is they turn round and say "it's my right to have as many kids as I like", ok maybe it is their right, but not when someone else is paying for them.

Totally agree. My neighbours daughter (strong Cathoilic family) is on child number 7, all by same father who does work as a bus driver, so some credit to them for that. But since when did driving abus pay for 7 kids.

think that was me.... the rise in housing costs, which is the key to the cost of living crisis for anyone who wants to buy 1st time or rent, is DIRECTLY linked to the growth in the population versus the low numbers of homes built. I'm in Surrey and you can't even buy a studio flat around here for under £150K

Lower the population and increase the housing supply would reduce prices....
 Get an ex-council hosue for under £130k in Plymouth.

Housing has become a perfect storm, more women working ( a good thing) meant many 2 income households, so the more des-res houses went up in price. Then the banks being deregulated meant they kept pushing money at people and then came up with 30 year mortgages etc etc which I think is also part responsible for pushing prices higher. Then a whole load of people investing in houses as a pension plan, and few other factors all seems to have added up to expensive housing for purchase or rental. S'funny how as a 'bubble' it never seems to have burst, but so many people would end up in negative equity I kind of think will power has kept prices up, and then we had a large influx of immigrants to gurantee a housing shortage. I sometimes wonder if it was all a conspiracy :^O

^^Sums it up nicely.

I'm out of my depth with politics, Can't  tolerate  politicians, self serving bunch of so & so's.

I do enjoy scaring away the toffs at election time.

By toffs  I  mean the local councillors/ MP's.

So far as i know [that is not much, i do not have any kids] child benefit is a universal benefit paid to everyone that has kids, irrespective of income. If you got kids, then your missus got it, [but perhaps did not tell you..]

john...