Urgent help needed with European to UK plug rewire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorharry469

Reaction score
Hi guys. Any help would be appreciated.

I bought a vacuum pump from Germany- the 1 amp plus converter I have worked to start but then today decided to blow a fuse which I'm not sure I'd be able to replace. So I have a read on some sites and it seemed simple to rewire to a UK plug however not I've tried to do it I've found a bright blue bright red and bright yellow wire and I can't work out which one is which. I rather Nedd to get this fixed ASAP as I've got a batch of resin in a mould that needs degassing 😯

Any help would be massively appreciated

the 1 amp plus converter I have

Converter?

As for the wires, pop the terminal box off at the pump end and see what goes where. I'd imagine one is an earth so find that and then the other 2 don't really matter (German sockets aren't polarity conscious) but to keep it something like standard red is probably live and blue is probably neutral and yellow is probably earth.

All of this is complete guesswork though as I don't know what a 1 amp converter is and I haven't seen the appliance in question..

Have you thought of trying to Google the make/model and find some sort of manual?  Even if it's in German you could use Google to translate it

Last edited by a moderator: