Question about shower switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29010

Reaction score
Hi. I have a pull cord shower switch which i dont need anymore as i am getting rid of the shower. Just wanted to ask if it is possible to change the switch to a uk plug socket? What i mean is, is it the same kind of wiring so would it just be as simple as changing shower switch to uk socket. I wont be doing this myself, an electrician would be doing it but i need to know in advance if its as simple as just changing it

thanks

its possible, but the wiring may be too large to fit into a socket. you also cant have a socket in a bathroom unless you have a very large one to get it more than 3mtr away from zones

its possible, but the wiring may be too large to fit into a socket. you also cant have a socket in a bathroom unless you have a very large one to get it more than 3mtr away from zones
I know that and thank u. Im planning on boxing the socket in as its for ceiling speakers which run off a 3 point plug. Will speak to my electrician when he comes to do my bathroom. Thanks

There#s boxing in and there's boxing in. If there is a screwed on cover then no issue, I have had to do the same in bathrooms before when customers want somewhere to plug in the Sonos speakers. Other option is just pull it back into the roof space, or locate the socket outside the room.

There#s boxing in and there's boxing in. If there is a screwed on cover then no issue, I have had to do the same in bathrooms before when customers want somewhere to plug in the Sonos speakers. Other option is just pull it back into the roof space, or locate the socket outside the room.
It wont be boxed in totally. Its only the pvc wall panels that would be going over it. Will ask to have it so i can remove ot easily. Thank u for the reply

Sorry meant speaker system .. or are you planning to leave in on 24/7?
I was going to yes but i dont think im gonna go ahead with it now as i got the speakers delivered today and they are about 3 inches bigger than the description says so they are too big for the type of ceiling i am getting

think the answer is yes, you can use the shower feed for the speakers, but I wouldn't cover it over, you will need to access it at some point even if it isn't for many years. Is there no attic space or similar void above the ceiling?

think the answer is yes, you can use the shower feed for the speakers, but I wouldn't cover it over, you will need to access it at some point even if it isn't for many years. Is there no attic space or similar void above the ceiling?
Im not putting the speakers up anymore, i changed my mind. Thanks for the reply though