Electrical Test Board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave C

Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently started a new job as an electrical instructor for an apprentice school and would like to introduce a test board like was used in the old 2391. One where I could switch in faults easily. As the class is fairly busy and my spare time limited I was wondering if anyone could recommend a circuit diagram or offer any guidance on building one? 

New to the teaching role so would really appreciate any help. 

Thanks 

I have built a few boards for training cos and I was provided with a doc and specifically how it was to be wired and with what components. I think the docs came from EAL or another awarding organisation. It involved open circuits, short circuits and high resistances using specific resistors all switched into cct with a bank of switches.

I think making a test board with switchable faults is probably like the 2nd or 3rd easiest thing to do.

oh dear, this isn't going to end well, I think. Reminds me of my last apprentice, he rang me one night as he was struggling to make sense of an assignment, he'd been working on it for a couple of hours and it just didn't make sense. I told him to bring the work round and I'd show him where he was going wrong, the trouble was when I looked at the work it was the tutor who was wrong not him. I rang the college the day after and it turned out the original tutor had gone off on long term sick and they'd got this new guy from somewhere. He had no experience in teaching and very little on the electrical side, basically he'd bluffed his way into the job. How you can expect to teach others if you don't know the job yourself is beyond me.