Fix wire testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt7074

Reaction score
Hi i work for a big retail company who had there fix wire testing and insected done 16 months ago, and still have not had the majority of the remedial c1 c2 and c3 recommendations complete .

Can any tell me the legality of leaving this lengthy period without competeing the recommendations.

Thanks 

C1 and C2 should be done as soon as practical really. if the wiring is bad enough to have C1 and C2 then its not safe, therefore would not comply with EAWR, and if anything bad was to happen...

C3 are irrelevant for this (nothing wrong with fixing them, but C3s would give a satisfactory report)

C1's should really be dealt with on the inspection.......but unless we an see what the codes are for we are guessing.

at the end of the day, the inspector has done his job, so the client is on the hook if anything goes wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys just wanted to see what posion i would be in within the work place, as i have just stepped into a new roll and the manager has not made any progress in completeing the remedials.

Thanks 

Latest posts