Mr

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niyi

Reaction score
Am Niyi, a Installer of CCTV, burglary alarm, fire alarm systems and am here to gain more knowledge on my field. 

Plz can someone help in practical step in wiring panic button in series.

It's easy, if say you use the blue core and the yellow core as the panic button circuit, then you connect yellow and blue to tamper terminals in the panel and at the button end to the switch terminals, if you want to add another then link remove the yellow from the terminal and connect to yellow on the cable to other panic button. Connect blue to the terminal where you removed the yellow wire from and at other end of cable connect panic button the same as you wired the other button. You can do the connection for the second one at either the first panic button or at the panel depending on which is easier.

Yes, but is just two cable use(red & black) the panic button is not connected to tamper but connected to zone 6 of the panel. 

You can use any colours you want, I just said blue and yellow as they are the colours that I use, it's not rocket science.

But is that pre or post harmonisation? Probably needs to be grey and black now for it to work.

I use orange and pink, 

I think it depends on the panel spec, or maybe the switch, as the one in my garage/shed/workshop/spare room only seems to work using white and purple, :C

Hello friends, 

why does PA not trigger when the veritas burglary panel is under, but it triggers when the panel is program FULL. 

Thought is working perfectly before it developed this faulty. 

Can it be that the panel should be reprogram. 

What are the Programming Code suitable for each Zone. 

Thanks. 

Andy u mean zone 5,6,7should be set to zone 7.

what are the normal code for setting it. 

Thanks.