Manchester bomb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope there are no Forum members directly affected by this senseless atrocity .  

What can be said that hasn't already been said   ....the same things that were said here after the B,ham pub bombs  back in 1974 which I remember well .

This time , many victims are children & young people .

At least in 1974 you knew what the IRA wanted to achieve with their bombing. That didn't make it right, but you could understand what they were doing and why.

Now we have a breed of individual that hates everyone else, AND themselves  and indiscriminately blow up as many as they can, and themself.  Until you can even begin to understand what makes someone hate so many so much, you will never stop it.

Its only a couple of mile from me,

The kids have school friends that were at it, don't know the outcome yet......

Apparently 50 kids at a local hotel with no parents as yet, :(

the politics of hate, there's always going to be someone somewhere.

what has been quite inspirational is the random acts of kindness from strangers, tea and coffee for the services, people turning up to give a lift home, even a taxi firm offering free rides to anyone who needs it to name but  a few.

Apart from UBER whoever they are.. They apparently tripled their charges...

Some ******* was on the computer this morning saying that people should not jump to conclusions that it was a muslim. I pointed out that it was hardly a white old lady protesting at social care cuts... No response as yet!!

No idea of the solution to it all though.. Personally i would atom bomb saudi arabia, just to send out a message...

john..

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the solution was failed to be implemented years ago, ie proper social integration. WTGrape we do now I've no idea, other than perhaps not spend money on Trident and buy conventional weapons we can use and take the fight to ISIS?

I do feel we need to stop further immigration from countries outside the EU

Apart from UBER whoever they are.. They apparently tripled their charges
It a new  wonder cab company , German  I believe ,  after reading that I won't be phoning them anytime soon.    Tripled their prices did they? 

I remember 1974   the B,ham black cabs turned their meters off and were queuing up  to ferry badly injured victims to the General Hospital .  The other thing that struck me was that all off duty medical staff were already on their way back in when they called for reinforcements. 

It a new  wonder cab company , German  I believe ,  after reading that I won't be phoning them anytime soon.    Tripled their prices did they? 

I remember 1974   the B,ham black cabs turned their meters off and were queuing up  to ferry badly injured victims to the General Hospital .  The other thing that struck me was that all off duty medical staff were already on their way back in when they called for reinforcements. 
Loads of off duty medical and polis done the same here Deke, and, the blood banks were turning people away and asking them to come back later the queues were so big apparently. 

Its really strange in a way for me, I grew up with this on a weekly basis, but having had it 'peaceful' for so long, its almost an echo back to how wrong it was, 

I still believe there are more good people than bad.

I have been through a lot lately ,and recently . The kindness and goodnes of people is unbelievable.

Hi Steps,

Say in northern Ireland now, say if I for instance went there, having never been there before and not knowing much about it. Would i notice anything amiss, or would i soon think WTGrape and lettuced myself??

john..

Hi Steps,

Say in northern Ireland now, say if I for instance went there, having never been there before and not knowing much about it. Would i notice anything amiss, or would i soon think WTGrape and lettuced myself??

john..
Go to the wrong area anywhere and you'd soon think WTGrape,!!!;

You'd see it was different , I think John, my missus (Manchester born and bred) only first went about 8years ago, she still finds a lot of things strange, but, by the same token, she finds lots of things much better than England.

One thing she found a bit hard to get her head round was that (if you hadn't worked it out I'm a prod) we happily got carrotted and had the craic with Catholics, hell, we even had them in the house and invited them to family weddings and parties and stuff, my cousin , the heathen he is, is even married to one,! :eek:  and my BiL had one as best man at his wedding,!!!!

Holy rollers, :slap  they take getting used to, apparently ELO make the devils music :C  and in some places, signs every few hundred yards sending you to damnation if your not 'in their gang' , street preachers on a Sunday,,,,,

And some very good artists , very GOOD in fact, and , thankfully, their talents have been redirected to more unbiased works recently 

Polis barracks, (or stations) look more akin to prisons to her,

All in all, its a really nice place, she was totally shocked that people weren't throwing stones continually, after all, if its not bad news, it's not news worthy ,

The one shocker I think she got was armed polis, when I was a lad every officer was visibly armed, not so now, but still a very large proportion carry visible weapons, and armoured landrovers quite common mostl.

Put it like this, my missus would move there tomorrow, she so much liked the way of life. Apart from the language barrier, she still can't understand most of what people say,  :pmsl1:

Apart from the language barrier, she still can't understand most of what people say,  :pmsl1:
Where was she , NI or Yam-Yam Land ?

I still believe there are more good people than bad.

I have been through a lot lately ,and recently . The kindness and goodnes of people is unbelievable.
Amen to that Ruston .