Basket Case

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam W

Reaction score
I've got an office to rewire shortly and will most likely be using T&E in basket.  There's a massive ceiling void so I want to hang the basket quite close to the ceiling grid and mount klik roses onto the basket itself.  In the past I'm sure I've used an adaptor which clips onto the side of the basket which has a 20mm hole which will accommodate conduit for drops, or a loop in box for a rose, but I've never had to order them so I don't know what they're called.

Can anyone help?

I think I might have used some 50mm lighting trunking adapters at some point too for the same job. Sometimes easier to pop down the wholesalers and have a rummage as kit online can be hit and miss.

Unfortunately that's not an option.  I am faced with an annoying situation where I ask for kit (sometimes even specify it) then the girls in the office upstairs call around for different quotes and go with whatever is cheapest whether it's suitable or not.  We've got a load of stainless steel conduit which someone ordered by accident which will probably never get used - apparently it's "too expensive" to return stuff if it's wrong. :facepalm:

I think I might have used some 50mm lighting trunking adapters at some point too for the same job. Sometimes easier to pop down the wholesalers and have a rummage as kit online can be hit and miss.
That looks a lot more familiar - that may have been what I was thinking of.  Maybe I'll have to order one of each and compare them...

Unfortunately that's not an option.  I am faced with an annoying situation where I ask for kit (sometimes even specify it) then the girls in the office upstairs call around for different quotes and go with whatever is cheapest whether it's suitable or not.  We've got a load of stainless steel conduit which someone ordered by accident which will probably never get used - apparently it's "too expensive" to return stuff if it's wrong. :facepalm:

Quite normal in large companies, many times on nights I’ve written on the shift report. “Thanks for the order from xxxxx, BTW what is it?”

Quite normal in large companies, many times on nights I’ve written on the shift report. “Thanks for the order from xxxxx, BTW what is it?”
That is like me. I have somehow assumed responsibility for purchase order numbers. I was signing off £2080 for one particular supplier every month, after a few months I decided to find out what exactly it was, it turns out it is a compressor. You learn something new everyday lol.