outside socket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kraig1

Reaction score
Hi, my sister has got IP65  sockets out side her house. She wants to know if she can run a blow-up jaccuzzi of it. The reason she is asking is because her friend has a fixed jaccuzzi and she had to have a new socket fitted to her fuse box and it has an isolating switch on it.

They are usually 3KW and come with a flex and a 13A plug.

Imagine my horror when I wired a "pub shed" for someone. It had a bar, a flat screen tv on the wall and at their request a socket in each corner inside. A short while later I had to go back to that house for another job and there was a blow up jacuzi thing plugged into a socket you could reach out and touch when sat in it.  I pointed out this was shall we say, not ideal.  I think the local Tesco were selling them at the time describing them as a "hot tub"

Quite apart from the issue of the socket too close, I doubt the shed floor would take that weight for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we were about 14 or 15, my mate wanted a motorbike and his mum wouldn't let him have one, she was disabled and very rarely went upstairs, anyway somebody had a Triumph 750, in bits and they gave it to him. The daft sod smuggled it into his bedroom and rebuilt it, trouble was it went in ok in bits, but getting a full bike out wasn't going to happen, his mum found out and went mental!