Help with SD1+ burglar alarm keypad

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know about the settings on the SD1+ alarm keypad? I can't set the alarm with my code and don't know how to rectify it. The display is showing CCT 06 A. It used to display the alarm reading. Have looked at the manual at home and online but no luck to get it working!

Thanks

Hi Andy,

I was able to set it with my passcode until a couple of days ago.

My landlady cancelled the actual calls but I was able to set the alarm for alarm use only when I left the house and then turn it off with the passcode when coming back in.

As Andy has said the SD1 is a speech dialler, its and addition to any alarm, it phones who ever its programmed to and plays a spoken message that you pre record. It does not set or unset the alarm, further more it can not show CCT 06 A.

The SD1 is based on the menvier alarm panel keypads, these can display CCT 06 A. It is telling you that circuit has been in alarm. The next question for you is what is circuit 6?

There's some confusion here about what you are doing. As Andy says the SD1+ is a dialler so you aren't using that to set/unset the alarm, and the display wouldn't show CCT 06 A.

I suspect you have a TS590/690 somewhere, maybe the case of the keypad was changed, I think the old NETLCD's were in the same case as the SD1+ at one point so maybe this is a hybrid/repair job.

http://www.sdssecurity.co.uk/_perch/resources/menvier-ts590-users-manual.pdf

http://www.sdssecurity.co.uk/_perch/resources/menvier-ts690-users-manual.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, my land lady said its the original keypad. Is there any way of uploading a photo on here to show you it and the CCT 06 A display on it. The flap on it shows info on setting and insetting the system with the passcode. 

You could upload to something like imgur.com and link to it here.

You can't upload posts as a new member.

It appears I have a manual for a different alarm system! Thanks guys. I'll have a look through the manuals of the links you kindly attached and see if i can fix it, grrr :)

Sorry, I don't know if I have the 590 or 690 model? They both look the same.

Basically the 590 and 690 are near enough identical, just read either. Process is the same.

Thank you ... I guess i need to reset the system? So far I just keep getting the CCT display back up.

Still no luck, any idea to get the system back to full set alarm mode? I'm still stuck on the CCT display. Thanks

As I said, your alarm has activated because of circuit 6, your next thing is to find out what circuit 6 is.

To clear it all you need to do is to enter your code then press esc.

...........and for what its worth that is a "star burst" LCD keypad, it is compatible with a lot of menvier panels

Still no luck as in what? Did you try anything, did you read the instructions?

What exactly does it say  when you enter your code or what noise does it make? (and have you found out what circuit 6 is ?)

When I enter the code it displays FUNCTION but when I then press ESC it reverts back to display the CCT 06 A and makes a 'rude' sound. The triangle ! also lights up red. Not sure about circuit 6 - appears to be an omitted circuit.