Sorry to keep asking stuff but ..........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...........anyone know a reason for my cousin's emails not being received .  ?

My cousin lives on a Greek island and we keep in touch by email .  His are suddenly bouncing back .  

He has double checked my email address .

Sent them to my business email and they appear .  In fact it seems now that they don't bounce back , they are marked as "Sent" 

He receives mine no problem .    My BT email has suddenly become slow to open up and a box constantly pops up on it saying Adobe Flash Player has crashed :C

Whats that got do with anything ?

With BT email, you need to log on to the webmail portal and access the online spam filter on a regular basis.... You will always find emails in there that previously would have got through.

i have had problems sending from my BT account, to my sons email account

hope this helps

maybe his IP address has been previously blacklisted so mails blocked, he gets new IP and all good?

EDIT: only really applies if he's running his own mail server with dynamic IP

Last edited by a moderator:
The bounce message should tell you what the problem is. A common error is "mailbox full".

cheers, Paul

They seem to be getting through now ....no idea why TBH .       But something is going on ,  the Desktop shortcut that takes me to the Evans Electric  Outlok webpage says its become unsecure and won't work .  Have to Google outlook & get there that way .

So the rumour going around on all the PC forums is that Evans Electric outsourced their e-mail handling to British Airways, While 'BA' outsourced all of their ticket, baggage and plane allocation to Evans Electric.  Is there any truth in these statements? anyone in the know please can you verify, thank you.   

Doc H.

Hi  PPP ,   The shortcut took me straight to the log-in page for my Evans Electric emails on Outlook .  ( instead of private emails on BT.) 

There was a load of guff about being "unsecure " etc)    The properties of the shortcut had been altered so I have since deleted it and created a new one  which works.      I don't remember all the stuff on the message now. 

A similar thing occured , at the same time , with the BT shortcut .  That changed from taking me to the " @btinternet.com" log-in page  to taking me to the bt@ Yahoo page.    Complete with a new shortcut appearing out of the blue on Desktop marked BT Yahoo.   That , strangely , takes me  NOT  to " @BT Yahoo  but  " but to the correct one ..@btinternet.com                At the same time my cousin's emails were getting lost in the ether.

( I have nothing to do BT Yahoo ) 

Lets face it .... if BA  ,  NHS  or the CIA   can be hacked ...anyone can be.

Edit :  Forgot to mention that when eventually getting to the BT email log-in page  , it grinds to a halt with a box saying   "  Adobe Flash Player 25.0  has crashed "   :C

So the rumour going around on all the PC forums is that Evans Electric outsourced their e-mail handling to British Airways, While 'BA' outsourced all of their ticket, baggage and plane allocation to Evans Electric.  Is there any truth in these statements? anyone in the know please can you verify, thank you.   

Doc H.
well yes , I found I couldn't handle all the BA stuff  so I subbed it out to Stepps who said he would do it on his Smart Phone  for a crate of Guiness  per day .

The shortcut took me straight to the log-in page for my Evans Electric emails on Outlook

There was a load of guff about being "unsecure " etc

I assume from this that you use webmail - via your browser, not a mail client - and the browser is reporting the web page is insecure.

More detail from that message will tell you (us) why your browser is complaining.

The shortcut weirdness sounds like a BT update that thought it knew better. Have you updated anything BT recently?

The Flash player crash is odd, it's normally pretty stable - just full of bugs that let intruders in. V25 is the latest so you should be OK from the bad guys in the short term.

Does it still crash in BT mail? If so you could un-install / re-install it.

Losing messages in the ether is usually an issue with your email provider / their email provider / a typo. It's unlikely to be your system.

cheers, Paul

Thanks  PPP ,   I've  deleted the shortcuts & re- installed them , all seems good.   ( They had different addresses in the URL box  ) 

Just going to check on the Flash Player . 

You don't really need Flash Player for anything important. I haven't had it on any of my machines for a few years.

It may be your old shortcuts pointed to a http web address rather than the more secure https version of the address.  Only having a stored password for the http version would have stopped it redirecting automatically and put up the notice.

Logging in afresh from the BT.com homepage then clicking mail usually sorts out this kind of mess - make new shortcuts while it is all working :)

Thanks Bruspark ,   Thats what I did in the end ,  those shortcuts have functioned for a few years so it tends to throw me ,  I think something crept in ...carped...& crept out again TBH .    

I only keep the Evans Electric  Outlook email now because its the address printed on letterheads etc.